Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

1.) Theoretically yes. If a pad is not used by another function, it can be accessed as GPIO. But actually it depends on the function it was set before, either in the bootloader or how the pad is initialized by the CPU at reset time. Most pads *are* initialized as GPIO, then it will work directly. But some pads are set to a different function, and then you also have to add a pad setting to the iomuxc section of the device tree, to set the pad to GPIO function. If I remember correctly, the LCD col…

The question is: who is generating this error? Is this really the UART driver? Or is it simply the stty command line tool that can not handle these large baud rates? Probably you have to try a small UART test C program where you set the baud rate with the system function and then transmit some bytes. Then you know whether the system call fails or not. From the driver side I see no restrictions. If there is a divider that can be used to divide the base clock, then it should work. However the base…

MAC Address

fs-support_HK - - armStoneA9 - Freescale i.mx6

Then you are doing something wrong. When the boards are shipped, they all have a unique MAC address. However this address is stored in U-Boot environment by default. So if you erase the environment as part of your software installation, you also erase the correct MAC address. You have to save the MAC address before erasing the environment. If the MAC address is lost, you can also get it from the barcode sticker on the board. This sticker shows the last 6 hex digits xxyyzz of the last three bytes…

Yes, sorry. There were some unexpected but important customer specific things to do and in fact some bugs are/were very difficult to hunt down. And last but not least during the summer a few of us were on vacation. We are still on it, sorry for the delay. Not long anymore, promise. Your F&S Support Team

If you buy a Linux board, then you do not have a Windows EC license. So even if this way is theoretically possible, it is not possible from the license. If you do it the other way round, i.e. buy a Win EC board, it is not a problem. To switch the software, simply erase everything on the board (go to NBoot and type 'E') and then use the installation instructions for the appropriate OS to install the new system. For example to install Linux, you just have to install U-Boot from NBoot and then you …

Do it exactly like with the kernel, just use the UBoot MTD partition instead of the Kernel partition. Download the new U-Boot image (by TFTP or from USB stick or SD card), then call: Source Code (2 lines) Your F&S Support Team

The pin may not be configured for GPIO in the pin MUX. So you also have to add pad settings for this pad before you use it with the gpio functions. Source Code (5 lines) Remark: Instead of adding own code to fsimx6.c, you can also directly modify the appropriate registers on the U-Boot command line with command mw.l. However then you have to keep track on what CPU version you are on, as the IOMUXC addresses differ between Solo/DualLite and Dual/Quad. You can use environment variable $platform to…

SD card still does not work in NBoot. This has rather low priority here because there are other ways to reach the same goal. But SD card does work in U-Boot and Linux. Installing software is usually done by using our update/install system in U-Boot. See section 6.4 in the Linux FirstSteps documentation. Usually you put the files on a USB stick or SD card and then you can install your system completely automatically without having to type one single character manually. You can also update U-Boot …

RTC problem

fs-support_HK - - PicoCOMA5 - Freescale Vybrid

As explained in the message above, the external RTC is not necessary anymore and is also not equipped on newer PicoCOMA5 anymore. But as the driver is still active in the software, there are two RTC devices visible under /dev. Unfortunately we have very little influence on the numbering, the RTC devices are simply numbered in the sequence of intialization which in turn depends on such simple things as the names of the driver files or the sequence they are mentioned in the Makefiles. Therefore we…

This is the Multicast CRC code from the Linux kernel: Source Code (30 lines) Your F&S Support Team

Just as an idea, how about setting 0xffffffff in both hash registers? Then every multicast packet should be accepted and then you can check the real address later and still discard unwanted packets. Just to prove if multicast works at all. When this succeeds, then you can try again to compute the correct hash value. Unfortunately I have also not done this yet, so I'm at the same knowledge level as you. Regarding the automatic switching of FEC ports, why is this a problem? Isn't this what you usu…

eMMC U-Boot

fs-support_HK - - efusA9 Freescale i.MX6

By default, the mmc command uses the first mmc port, which is the external SD card slot. So you first have to switch to the eMMC device. If eMMC is available as mmc 2 (where mmc 0 and mmc 1 are the external SD card slots), you have to say Source Code (1 line) first. BUT, unfortunately in the current U-Boot from the fsimx6-V3.0 release, eMMC is not yet activated. Which means there is no such mmc 2 device. Of course we have implemented this in the meantime, but there is no official release yet. We…

Yes, fec_mxc.c is the right file. As far as I understand the code, this driver in U-Boot is not prepared for multicast packets, yet. All multicast addresses are switched off, see function fec_init(), where gaddr1 and gaddr2 are set to zero. And the receive function does not handle any multicast packets, too. See fec_recv(). So I believe you have to enhance the driver to work with multicast packets. First you have to set the gaddr registers to accept the packets. The controller seems to compute a…

Thanks for sharing your code with us. Your F&S Support Team

I2C_B alias I2C3 is correct, this is on pads KEY_ROW4 and KEY_COL4. This is why this port works. I2C_C alias I2C1 is correct, this is on pads GPIO1_IO00 and GPIO1_IO01. This is why this port works. Only your comment is wrong where you name this as I2C_A. But I2C_A alias I2C2 is wrong. On our board this is on pads QSPI1B_DATA2 and QSPI1B_DATA3. This is why this port does not work. The pins that you defined are actually used for other signals on our board. Your F&S Support Team

Yes, we currently do not need I2C in U-Boot and therefore we haven't activated it, yet. But there are quite a few drivers available, so you do not write the driver from scratch. When you are on a dedicated I2C bus, then you can use drivers/i2c/mxc_i2c.c. This is the driver for all i.MX6 CPU variants. If you only can use regular GPIOs and need a bitbanging I2C, then drivers/i2c/soft_i2c.c may help. These drivers register with the generic i2C framework in drivers/i2c/i2c_core.c. This is the file t…

Boot

fs-support_HK - - Linux and Applications

Please read the "FSiMX6_First_Steps_eng.pdf" documentation. You can find it on our website. Go to "Products" -> "armStone", choose "armStoneA9", go to tab "Documents" and select the file in category "Linux". Here is a short link to it: click. There are also other interesting documents. You should also download our software release package, currently fsimx6-V3.0.tar.bz2. It also contains all documents, the source packages and also the default binary images that are installed when you buy a Starte…

Boot probleme

fs-support_HK - - PicoCOM4

Benutzer: root, kein Passwort. Sie haben auch schon eine Mail diesbezüglich.

power/control is a setting that is available for all devices. It is the so-called runtime-auto flag. This flag determines, whether the device may be automatically put to a sleep or suspend mode when not needed (setting "auto") or if it should stay active all the time (setting "on"). This is just a power saving feature at runtime, it is not honored when the system as a whole is put to a suspend state like suspend-to-ram, etc. Then the device is shut down whether this flag is set to "on" or not. S…

Boot probleme

fs-support_HK - - PicoCOM4

Geht es hier um ein Linux-Problem auf einer armStoneA9? Warum wurde dieser Thread dann im Windows-Embedded-Bereich in der Kategorie PicoCOM4 eröffnet? Außerdem sollte wenn möglich in englisch diskutiert werden, damit solche Fragen und deren Lösungen möglichst international verstanden werden. Wenn Sie wollen, kann ich den Thread zur richtigen Stelle verschieben. F&S Support Team