Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

Splash Screen in U-Boot

fs-support_HK - - efusA9 NXP i.MX6

Not yet, but soon. We are currently working on it. Your F&S Support Team

Well, the default function of this pin is a chip select for an SPI port. These chip selects are active low. So the regular way to prevent that an SPI device is selected by accident during boot phase is to keep such pins high. The reset value configures this pin as GPIO with a 100k internal pull-up. So the pin is held high at boot time. If you do not want this, then you should add an external pull-down (e.g. 10k) to pull the line low until you can handle it by software. And yes, U-Boot is the fir…

Basically correct, only the sequence is back to front. First you have to declare the testpad variable, then you have to call SETUP_IOMUX_PADS() and then you can set the gpio_direction_output(). The NO_PAD_CTRL is usually sufficient, unless you really want to set some other defaults for the signal speed, pull-up/down, hysteresis, etc. If you use NO_PAD_CTRL, then the pad settings remain as they were set before, which is mostly the reset value. A few pads may differ from the reset value, because e…

Quote from BrenkeM: “ mtdparts=mtdparts=gpmi-nand:256k(NBoot)ro,768k(UserDef),256k(Refresh)ro,768k(UBoot)ro,256k(UBootEnv)rw,8m(Kernel)ro,1792k(FDT)ro,-(TargetFS)” What I meant was: To have read-write, you must not write "rw", you have to leave the place empty. So simply remove this "rw", then you have the partition read-write. "rw" is an invalid suffix to a partition. The suffix is either empty or "ro". See partitions UserDef and TargetFS for example, these two partitions are both read-write an…

Quote from fda: “ EDIT: Eth1 is up after a reboot!” This depends on what you have configured in /etc/network/interfaces. If you do not add something there, the port should be down by default. Quote: “when we type ifup eht1: RTNETLINK answers: File exists RTNETLINK answers: No such device” ifup depends on settings for the given argument, eth1 in this case. So any settings done here are from you. Have you copied some file for eth0 and forgot to change eth0 to eth1 in some places? Quote: “I2C: the …

Quote from fda: “furthermore we also want to use the second ethernet port. ” The second ethernet port is a hardware option. So you need the appropriate version of the PicoCOMA9X (PCOMA9X-V3-LIN) to be able to use this port. In this case, the board does not have audio anymore. Quote: “in my view the default devicetree is not configured for the i2c4, right? therefore i created a custom devicetree.” No, the default configuration has I2C4 available as the official I2C port on pins 32 and 33. You sho…

Is the U-Boot based on our U-Boot sources only with some modifications? Or is this a different U-Boot source and you are trying to port all our changes? One of the changes we did was to increase the size of the buffer for the command line. So maybe when the mdtparts variable is evaluated at startup, this results in a too long command line and is truncated. So maybe only a final 'r' from a 'ro' for "read-only" is visible and the whole partition list is ignored. This would explain the error and al…

The i.MX6 UART driver is implemented to be efficient for large data transfers. Therefore the available hardware is used as much as possible and the software is only called as rarely as possible. Let me explain the whole process in detail. The incoming characters are stored in a FIFO. Depending on a trigger level, a DMA is triggered and the data is transferred to the buffer in RAM. Then an interrupt is issued and the software driver is activated. This means that the software only has to take acti…

The i.MX6UL/ULL CPU that is used on the efusA7UL only has two SD ports. So the external ports must be shared with internal devices like WLAN and eMMC. This means - SD_A (Micro SD on SKIT) is only available if WLAN is not equipped - SD_B (normal SD on SKIT) is only available if eMMC is not equipped In other words, if both, WLAN and eMMC are equipped, then you do not have any external SD signals available anymore. This is due to the limit of two SD ports on the chip. The efusA7UL is available in d…

2x USB 2.0

When using the newest release fsimx6-V3.1, the USB device port is automatically configured as USB OTG. Which means it will automatically be used as Host if the ID pin of the connector (or pin 223 of the efus) is held low (GND). Please note that our current Virtual Machine is still based on fsimx6-V3.0, so you may have to download the newest release yourself. By the way the device tree is under arch/arm/boot/dts/efusa9q.dts, or efusa9dl.dts for the Solo and DulaLite version of efusA9. These files…

Activating HDMI is already pre-configured in the device tree. You only need to set the framebuffer macro (CONFIG_EFUSA9_MXCFB0) accordingly. Let's assume that you only want to have HDMI output, no LCD (RGB) output and no LVDS output. So you only need one framebuffer for HDMI. Depending on whether you have a Solo/DualLite or a Quad efusA9, you need to change the file efusa9dl.dts or efusa9q.dts. This file is located in the Linux source tree under arch/arm/boot/dts. If you have already built Build…

Sorry, the fsimx6-Y0.2 is very old and is not suited anymore. It used Kernel 3.10 and needed a very old NBoot on the board. The NBoot that is currently shipped with our boards can not start the U-Boot anymore that is built by this old Yocto version. We are about to release a new Yocto version within a few days. So please be patient, it will be out soon. Your F&S Support Team

And this is not simply because of daylight saving time (summer time)? This Sunday was the change to summer time in Europe. Your F&S Support Team

One of the settings that is available in the F&S environment in U-Boot is the option to activate the network in Linux by running one of the variables .network_on and .network.dhcp. This will work as expected, but please note that this means the kernel will wait until the network is actually up. This is very useful (and even necessary) if the root filesystem is accessed via network (e.g. when using run .rootfs_nfs), but may be undesired in most other situations. For example if the network cable i…

Ok, there are some things to explain. 1. Why did the old kernel not start? Well, fsimx6-V2.1 was still based on kernel 3.0.35. The step to fsimx6-V3.0 brought a newer kernel, 4.1.15. One of the major changes that went with this new kernel was the support and usage of device trees. This represented a major change of how the whole board support was done and this also had quite some influence on the end user. This was the reason why we gave this release a new major number and not just increased the…

Thanks for sharing this with us. Your F&S Support Team

When adding an answer, you can also click on "Erweiterte Antwort". There you can usually also attach files. Your F&S Support Team

fsimx6 V3.1 Wayland

In the meantime we have found the reason for this problem. Attached you will find a patch for Buildroot that should fix this behaviour. (Remark: only necessary for fsimx6-V3.1 and fsimx6sx-V2.1; in release fsimx6ul-V2.1 this fix is already included). You F&S Support Team

Sorry for the late answer, but last week was Embedded World Exhibition and most of our developers were there at the fair in Nürnberg. I'm not aware of any sysfs option to switch to a different pinmux at runtime. This is why I suggested the solution with an additional GPIO that is ANDed with the real RTS signal. This GPIO can be switched manually at any time and would work in the way as you want. But of course this is a hardware modification. Some drivers use more than one group of pinmux setting…

Nearly. You still initialize the pin as CTS which means it is still an output and it is still controlled by the UART function. You need to configure it as a GPIO. And the NO_PAD_CTRL simply means that the settings for speed, pull resistor, drive strength etc. are not changed. Which means the previous settings (for example the reset value) is kept. This means the pull resistor may still be a pull-up. This is not what you want. So the right way would be: Source Code (3 lines) The pad remains as GP…