Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

To modify the UBoot environment from the userspace you need the tools fw_printenv and fw_setenv. You can bring these programs in 2 different ways to the remote target system. Either by Buildroot or by UBoot. Steps for Buildroot:- You have to activate the package u-boot tools, rebuild your rootfs and install it on your system. The package is located in ​Target packages/Hardware handling - After you have started your remote target system, the tools fw_printenv and fw_setenv are located in ​/usr/sl…

We decided to create a guide, which explains how to create an application and debug it with eclipse. Eclipse is running on your host system and the application will be cross compiled for arm architecture. Afterwards it will be downloaded automatically (via ssh) to your F&S module. Now you can remote debug it from your host system. This guide is available on our homepage. Just select your module and choose “Documents”. Then it´s located in the category “module-name” – Linux. The Document called A…

Dear Mr. Rata, it looks like you have setup the wrong baudrate in putty. For Linux you have to set baudrate 115200. Your F&S Support Team

AD7298 SPI ADC driver

fs-support_PJ - - efusA9 NXP i.MX6

Dear Panaia-Costa, yes the hardware implementation must be specified in the device tree. And yes there are no board config files anymore. The board config files were replaced by the device trees since Linux Kernel ~3.10. So if your kernel driver only support platform_data you have to improve the driver that it supports device tree too. Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Schubert, it is not possible to have the RTS/CTS pins of UART_B on connector pins 19/21. No one of the UART_B RTS/CTS pins goes to connector. And yes only UART_A is the only full connected UART on armstoneA9. Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Frommberger, normally this configuration should work. I tried it and i see in the /dev directory i2c-6. This i2c-6 is the new Bitbanging I2C (i2c_gpio). Do you get any error messages? Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Weber, i tested different FullHD videos in different formats. I dont get data drops, chopping, artefacts etc. The length of the videos were about 3 minutes. Here are the commands which i used to start the videos. avi file: Source Code (1 line) mp4 file: Source Code (1 line) mov file: Source Code (1 line) Maybe the network isn´t fast enough, so bring your video file local e.g. USB Stick/SD-Card and run the video again. Do you see a difference? Best Regards Your F&S Support Team

Dear Martinez, i modified your program, compiled it in c and it works. Do you get the same error message like before "failed to initialize socket"? In the attachment you get the c-file and the executable of the file. You can execute it and you see if the problem is caused from the IO connection or if it is a QT problem. Best Regards, Your F&S Support Team

Okay do you use the same U-Boot which is in the package sdcard-fsimx6ul-V2.0.tar.bz2? Which U-Boot version do you have? Normally you should have this U-Boot. Source Code (15 lines) Best Regards Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Euzenot, which release version do you use? Can you post or append your devicetree? Best Regards Your F&S Support Team

2x USB 2.0

Dear Mr. Weber, if you want to use two USB 2.0 interfaces without an USB hub, you can use the USB OTG pins for the second USB. The id pin of the USB OTG is on pin 223 so it auto detects if you connect there an device or host. So the USB controller knows if there is an e.g. USB stick connected. If there is an USB stick the id pin goes low and the USB controller set the 5 V supply voltage automatically. So you have to configure the supply output pin in the pinctrl_usbotg settings. You have to add …

Dear Mr. Dgrechi, thanks for this hint. I checked the pins and found out that we have something wrong in our document "armStoneA9-GPIO-ReferenceCard_eng.pdf". The GPIO3IO16, GPIO3IO17, GPIO3IO18 were wrong documented. I fixed this document and uploaded it to our server. Now you can download the newest version from our homepage. Download link below: fs-net.de/assets/download/docu…PIO-ReferenceCard_eng.pdf Best Regards Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr Schubert, here is the sample code. Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Schubert, sorry for my late response. Normally the rs485 should work. I tried it with UART1 (Connector Pin 18/20/22), in user-space its ttymxc0. I converted the signal with the SN75HVD12D to rs485. I didn't change anything in the device tree or kernel driver. I wrote a small c-file which get access to the device, set different options and send/receive data. At the opposite point of the armstonea9r2 i have a picocoma5. I can send and receive data between these 2 boards without problems. …

eMMC not accessible

Dear Mr. Oreste, here is the patch for the emmc support on efusA9. Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Schubert, Is it possible to use the OV5647 with your changes on kernel and device tree? You can test it with the changes of our device tree but it shouldn´t work because you have to modify the kernel driver. The kernel driver of the OV5647 is made for CPUs which haven´t a IPU thats why you have to modify the OV5647 driver. If not, is it better to use an OV5640 based camera with your changes on kernel and device tree? The easiest solution is to ordner the OV5640 camera modul from our Hom…

Dear Mr Schubert, we have checked the mipi camera on armstonea9r2 and we have found out that we have to change something in the device tree and in the kernel driver. Now the camera OV5640 works with our adapter on armstonea9r2. I can give you the device tree change for the armstonea9r2. We must change the OV5640 camera driver because it expected a reset-gpio for the camera. On our adapter the reset will be automatically generated so the driver doesn´t have to handle the reset. We changed the dri…

Dear Jonas, the PCIe interface is not activated in the DeviceTree so if you want to use PCIe you have to activate the driver and activate the device in the DeviceTree. To activate the Device navigate to the DeviceTree file armstonea9qdl.dtsi its in the kernel arch/arm/boot/dts. Then go to the node pcie and uncomment it. Recompile the DeviceTree and try it again. Your F&S Support Team

Dear PowerBoxSystems, you are doing the right steps to build it, but the config isn't configured for the i.MX6 SoloX CPU. This config is made for the i.MX6 solo/dual-lite/quad CPUs. This config also deactivate the X-Server support. If you want to build qt5 support for the SoloX you have to build the standard config, fsimx6sx_std_defconfig. After that you have to activate manually via the menuconfig(in Buildroot) the qt5 packages. Then you must recompile the Root Filesystem. Your F&S Support Team

Thanks, you too. Your F&S Support Team