Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

NBoot source code

fs-support_HK - - efusA9 NXP i.MX6

No, usually not. NBoot is closed source. Why would you need this? Your F&S Support Team

I do not understand this. if you configure your Buildroot with fsimx6_qt5_defconfig and build this environment, then Qt5 is already active and you can see the "PostgreSQL Plugin" in "Target packages" -> "Graphic libraries and applications (graphic/text)" -> "Qt5". In other words if you did not see this, then you most probably have configured Qt5 in a wrong way anyway. So please make sure that your environment is actually based on fsimx6_qt5_defconfig if you use Qt5, not on fsimx6_std_defconfig. …

Preparing a working release is rather difficult. In our Buildroot releases we always used the script based boot environment from Busybox, which is basically a simplified System V approach. So it was a logical step to use System V on Yocto, which is also script based. By doing this we could re-use the scripts from Buildroot. Besides that, NXP also used this environment up to Yocto 2.1 and only recently switched to systemd. Switching to systemd is actually on our Todo list. Maybe we will do the sw…

Sorry, but this is application development and thus beyond the support for technical questions. So F&S can not help here. But maybe other customers. Your F&S Support Team

USB Printer Support is not enabled in our Linux default configuration. So in Buildroot call make linux-menuconfig, go to "Device Drivers" -> "USB support" and activate entry "USB printer support". Then recompile the kernel and download it to the board. Now the printer should be detected. Changes in the device tree should not be necessary. Your F&S Support Team

i.MX6-UltraLite Linux Release Y1.0 (Yocto) We have uploaded a new Linux version based on Yocto for all boards and modules based on the i.MX6-UltraLite CPU (UL and ULL) to our server, i.e. the fsimx6ul architecture: efusA7UL and PicoCOM1.2. This release is running on all platforms of this architecture at the same time. So you can download the same binaries for NBoot, U-Boot, Linux kernel and Yocto root filesystem to any of the i.MX6UL/ULL boards and it will run. This is a major release. The relea…

i.MX6-SoloX Linux Release Y1.0 (Yocto) We have uploaded a new Linux version based on Yocto for all boards and modules based on the i.MX6-SoloX CPU to our server, i.e. the fsimx6sx architecture: efusA9X and PicoCOMA9X. This release is running on all platforms of this architecture at the same time. So you can download the same binaries for NBoot, U-Boot, Linux kernel and Yocto root filesystem to any of the i.MX6-SoloX boards and it will run. This is a major release. The release consists of two fil…

Probably you missed what RSchubert wanted to say. If you really have your configuration in /etc/network/interfaces as you have cited above, then all IP-Addresses are wrong because you used commas instead of dots to separate the bytes. Then it is obvious why it does not work. Your F&S Support Team

A possible explanation would be some non-consistent package modifications. When Buildroot is built for the first time, it builds for the current configuration. At the same time it also creates so-called stamp files for each completed stage, i.e. some dummy files that tell Buildroot that it already has fully done this stage and does not need to do it again at the next make. This works well if you do not change your configuration significantly. However if you do some changes that would also requir…

Just call Source Code (1 line) Here <executable> is the name of the program you want to disassemble. The result is output on stdout, so you might want to pipe it to "more" or redirect it to a file. Instead of the whole program, you can also give a single .o file. This is easier in large programs because you only need to look at the rather small code section of this module and not the whole application. Your F&S Support Team

When using Buildroot, Qt5 can not work together with X11. You have to build a Qt5 environment first without X11, that just uses the framebuffer. We have provided fsimx6_qt5_defconfig to do this. Source Code (3 lines) This takes a while (longer than the fsimx6_std_defconfig), but after that you have a new rootfs for Qt5. When you download this to the board, you will not see any window manager, just a blank screen. But if you start your Qt application, it should show up and work as expected. Now o…

Quote from siteco.desarrollo: “ I am not using the first built because It does not have LVDS output, and I need it.” The list of different files shows that you have configured something different. Activating LVDS is just a matter of changing the device tree, you do not need to reconfigure anything else in Buildroot. What steps have you done? You say you have built Buildroot anew. So I assume you did a make clean or even make distclean. What did you change in the configuration to compile the new …

Does SSH only fail with your own rootfs? Have you tried with the included binary rootfs from the release? Does it work there? The keys are only created once. If it is done, then you will not see this again (unless you delete the keys again). So maybe you do not see the key creation because it is already done? The following command sequence in U-Boot should work: Source Code (2 lines) This starts the system once in read-write mode which creates the keys. You should shut down the system properly i…

Is one of the values set by a different thread? For example in a producer/consumer scenario? Then maybe you have a race condition, i.e. your test is executed earlier than the values are set. By adding the delay or by running the code in debug mode (which is slower) you gain enough time that the value is actually updated by the other thread before the condition is executed. In this case you should add a critical section to avoid access to variables that are not in their final state. Do you have a…

i.MX6 Linux Release Y1.0 (Yocto) We have uploaded a new Linux version based on Yocto for all boards and modules based on the i.MX6 CPU to our server, i.e. the fsimx6 architecture: armStoneA9, armStoneA9r2, PicoMODA9, efusA9, NetDCUA9, QBlissA9 and QBlissA9r2. This release is running on all platforms of this architecture at the same time. So you can download the same binaries for NBoot, U-Boot, Linux kernel and Yocto root filesystem to any of the i.MX6 boards and it will run. No matter whether th…

What Linux system are you using on the host PC? I assume that GCC is too new and the code that is used here does not work with it. We still recommend GCC-5 for our current releases. Your F&S Support Team

By the way we now have added a topic here in the forum that explains how to access U-Boot environment variables from Linux. See here: How to modify UBoot Environment from Userspace Your F&S Support Team

RTC Circuit

fs-support_HK - - Linux and Applications

Just connect the voltage. The necessary parts to switch between main voltage and battery backup voltage are already included on the PicoCOM4. This on-board RTC only offers an average accuracy, as the chip is not temperature compensated. Without such a compensation, the clock accuracy depends on the environment temperature. So giving an absolute value is not possible, it depends on your specific conditions and may range from nearly perfect at the optimal temperature to a derivation of several sec…

Are you using the original PicoCOM1 or the new PicoCOM1.2? Do you erase the flash with nand erase clean? Do you write the new data with nand write.jffs2? Is there a bad block involved (nand bad). Your F&S Support Team

This is one of our next tasks to go to a newer U-Boot version. Porting is not easy, we have done significant additions and modifications to U-Boot, so simply using a newer U-Boot version will not work. It requires porting all our features to the newer version. The reason why we stayed with 2014.07 for so long is that this was the last version that did *not* use Kconfig. Since 2014.10, the whole configuration in U-Boot is a mess. If they would have moved the whole configuration to Kconfig, then t…