Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Hi Everyone, I am testing a 3.5" display with efusA7Ull. The display should be compatible with your 3.5" display, here you please can have a look on the LCD. We are using touch controller SX8675 as SX8655 is obsolete but it should give the same result as stated from your note. I did the following: 1- Build yocto image "fus-image-qt5" with modifying efusa7Ul.dts file in kernel, only this part to use for 3.5" display. Source Code (21 lines) I added some packages to IMAGE_INSTALL in fus-image-qt5 r…

Thank you so much, I did not know as well about this difference.

Hi everyone, the current working yocto releases for some of f&s platforms such as efusA9 and efus7ull works with sysVinit (system V) which is not actually suitable for our requirement. I took Y0.6 version as an example and tried to remove sysVinit from it by adding in the local configuration file local.conf Source Code (4 lines) This should uses systemd and removes sysVinit when starting the services. It builds, outputs the final image and apparentlly it uses systemd to start the services. Howev…

Hi everyone, I have the 7ULL module and I made some tests with the new yocto release Y1.0 specially with CAN interface. I didn't build the yocto from source but I directly tested the f&s compiled version in "binaries" folder after I extracted "fsimx6ul-Y1.0.tar.bz2" In this "binaries" folder there are many files, I copied them to FAT formated USB stick and only renamed the following files so that the names match the environement variables that will be set by the install.scr file. * uImage-fsimx6…

Thanks again! I was actually trying to use an over the air updater called Mender on the efusA9 platform. The updater has yocto layer called meta-mender. I tried to integrate it with your new release of yocto [meta-fus (ver 0.6)], which actually took quite time but it worked at final. It would be much easier to use U-boot 2016 when integrating. Mender updater has some patches to the u-boot which adds its own environment variables to it to allow the update and roll back feature. As you mentioned K…

Thank you very much, I will try this but I have tiny question. Is it possible to port fximx6 machine from u-boot 2014 to use 2016.07 ? or this requires updates to the nboot as well ? It will be great if you can provide a version for u-boot 2016. Thanks again.

Hi, I compiled uboot for efusA9 from fsimx6-V3.1. Then I copied fw_printenv and fw_setenv to /sbin in the rootfs of my image. When I perform cat /proc/mtd Source Code (9 lines) I wrote to /etc/fw_env.config only one line to access the uboot environment variables Source Code (1 line) when I try to write a variable in uboot from user space using --> "fw_setenv test 1" and when --> "fw_printenv test" then it shows that the variable is correctly written into the NAND flash. However when I reboot and…

Please, do you have an estimation when should the new yocto version come out? The current yocto version has problems such as the CAN bus. If I follow your steps exactly and create a yocto image with the old kernel 3.1, then CAN bus receives the messages correctly but sends invalid messages. I tested the buildroot method to create the image, with this image everything is working fine.

Thanks, I searched and found MfgTool to download the nboot again on the board.

Hi everyone, I have deleted Nboot by mistake. I did the following. I connected my Evaluation board with DCUTermi program and pressed "Capital s", the Nboot showed the Options. I chose 'd' which should download the Bootloader. I loaded the "nbootimx6_asa9_u1_35.bin" by mistake from File-> Transmit Binary File. Now when I reset the board nothing shows. It shows only <0>. Is there any way to retrieve the Nboot on efusA9 (DL) ? Thanks in adance.

Thank you very much for the clarification!

Hi everyone, I bought 2 evaluation starter kits one for efusA9 and one for efusA7UL modules. I have started efusA9 and I had now relatively good hands on. Now I switched to test the efusA7UL module and discovered some differences when I run uboot and my question is: is it possible to see mmc slots on the evaluaion kit when efusA7UL module is connected? I am asking because I did the following scenario: I inserted one micro SDCARD and one SDCARD in the corresponding slots on the evaluation kit. If…

Thank you so much sir for the comprehensive and fet answer!

Please, I would be grateful if you can explain how did you enable the HDMI_ON from the board support files? I have efusA9 board and I want to compile the build "buildroot-2016.05-fsimx6-V3.1" but when I do "make menuconfig" I can not find in the list the option to activate the HDMI driver. Thanks, kind regards

Hi Everyone, I have the Starter kit efusA9 linux and I am trying to build a yocto image. I followed the steps in the README from (fsimx6-Y0.2) and I got the binaries, then I flashed the sdcard image and it was working great on the module. There is one problem. The linux in fsimx6-Y0.2\sources\meta-f+s\recipes-kernel\linux\linux-fsimx6 is outdated. Its version is "linux-3.10.17". I want to update it and use 4.1.15. I did the following: 1- I downloaded both "fsimx6-V3.1" and "fsimx6-Y0.2" from My …