Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 38.

Hi, i have a small c programm which access via ioctl the uart interface and send a string. In the attachment you find the c file and a precompiled test program. Does this program solve your problem? Your F&S Support Team

Hi, okay i will check this and give you a reply. Your F&S Support Team

Hi well in our Linux first steps document you will find how you compile a device tree. You can you a look at chapter 9.1.5/6. If you want to change the device tree at runtime you have to enable 2 packets in Buildroot, recompile it and install it. These packets are called BR2_PACKAGE_DTC and BR2_PACKAGE_DTC_PROGRAMS. They are located in "target packages->Libraries->Hardware handling" But we recommend you to do changes in the device tree directly in the source code instead of modfiying the binary …

Hi, yes that is correct you see the stats of the emmc. You can´t see the partition table because there is no partition table installed yet. Normally you can boot linux and call the tool fdisk: fdisk /dev/mmcblkX- o -> create empty DOS partition table - n -> add new partition - w -> write table to disk and exit After that you can create a filesystem on you partition mke2fs –t ext4 /dev/mmcblkXpY Now the partition table and the filesystem is available und you can access emmc from UBoot. Why you do…

Hi, GPIO2_IO11(gpio43) is pin 26 of J1 connector in the gpio reference card. So the main problem is that the default mux option for this pin is set to SPI. That´s the reason why you can´t recognize a state change of this pin. If you want to use this pin as GPIO, then you have to disable the SPI interface in device tree. You can do this by changing the following line: #define CONFIG_PICOCOMA9X_SPI_A to //#define CONFIG_PICOCOMA9X_SPI_A Then you have to recompile the device tree and install it on …

Hi, - first of all which release version do you use? fsimx6sx-V2.1? - If you reboot the system do you still see the changes in the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf? Your F&S Support Team

Dear Ahmed, the LCD display and the touch controller should be independent. That should not be the problem. Do you have a second 3.5" display to test. Maybe there is something broken with the touch controller. For the touch controller there are three parameters which you can setup. The touchrate, powdly, filt, setdly. touchrate = Defines the touch coordinates acquisition rate. Values between 0 - 15 are allowed. Hint: The touchrate bits are 7:4 so if you want to write a 0x3 then value must be 0x3…

Hi, please have a look at our document "Application Development with QT5". There you will find some more information about debugging an application. Application Development with QT5 Your F&S Support Team

We decided to create a guide, which explains how to create an QT5-Application and debug it with QT-Creator. QT-Creator is running on your host system and the application will be cross compiled for arm architecture. Afterwards it will be downloaded automatically (via ssh) to your F&S module. Now you can remote debug it from your host system. This guide is available on our homepage. Just select your module and choose “Documents”. Then it´s located in the category “module-name” – Linux. The Documen…

Hi, after examine the situation I can see there is a bug between the naming of the device tree and the GPIO reference card of the armStoneA9R2. So the correct naming is written in the GPIO reference card. We will fix the device-tree naming in the next release. In the meantime you can change your device tree to correspond to the GPIO reference card. That means: * Reference Card * device tree * UART_B * UART2 * UART_D * UART1 * UART_E * UART3 * UART_C * UART5 * UART_A * UART4 * * So you can change…

Hi, 1. If i2cdetect is not working then there is something wrong with the HW connection, because i2cdetect works independent from device tree entrys and drivers. So you don´t have to enable a driver and/or do a device tree entry to get the i2cdetect to work. 2. If you are enable the define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9_CAPTOUCH_FT5x06 it doesn´t belong to the file edt-ft5x06.c. It belongs to the file ft5x06_ts.c. So if you are doing changes in the file edt-ft5x06.c it will not have an effect because this fi…

Hi, you have commented out UART_D and this is the debug interface, so that´s the reason why you don´t see anything at the debug port. * Pins 4, 6, 8, 10 * SPI_B * Pins 18, 20 * UART_B * Pin 19 * UART_A_RTSCTS To get these pins as GPIO you have to comment out the following defines: //#define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_SPI_B //#define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_UART_B //#define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_UART_A_RTSCTS Your F&S Support Team

To modify the UBoot environment from the userspace you need the tools fw_printenv and fw_setenv. You can bring these programs in 2 different ways to the remote target system. Either by Buildroot or by UBoot. Steps for Buildroot:- You have to activate the package u-boot tools, rebuild your rootfs and install it on your system. The package is located in ​Target packages/Hardware handling - After you have started your remote target system, the tools fw_printenv and fw_setenv are located in ​/usr/sl…

We decided to create a guide, which explains how to create an application and debug it with eclipse. Eclipse is running on your host system and the application will be cross compiled for arm architecture. Afterwards it will be downloaded automatically (via ssh) to your F&S module. Now you can remote debug it from your host system. This guide is available on our homepage. Just select your module and choose “Documents”. Then it´s located in the category “module-name” – Linux. The Document called A…

Dear Mr. Rata, it looks like you have setup the wrong baudrate in putty. For Linux you have to set baudrate 115200. Your F&S Support Team

AD7298 SPI ADC driver

fs-support_PJ - - efusA9 NXP i.MX6

Dear Panaia-Costa, yes the hardware implementation must be specified in the device tree. And yes there are no board config files anymore. The board config files were replaced by the device trees since Linux Kernel ~3.10. So if your kernel driver only support platform_data you have to improve the driver that it supports device tree too. Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Schubert, it is not possible to have the RTS/CTS pins of UART_B on connector pins 19/21. No one of the UART_B RTS/CTS pins goes to connector. And yes only UART_A is the only full connected UART on armstoneA9. Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Frommberger, normally this configuration should work. I tried it and i see in the /dev directory i2c-6. This i2c-6 is the new Bitbanging I2C (i2c_gpio). Do you get any error messages? Your F&S Support Team

Dear Mr. Weber, i tested different FullHD videos in different formats. I dont get data drops, chopping, artefacts etc. The length of the videos were about 3 minutes. Here are the commands which i used to start the videos. avi file: Source Code (1 line) mp4 file: Source Code (1 line) mov file: Source Code (1 line) Maybe the network isn´t fast enough, so bring your video file local e.g. USB Stick/SD-Card and run the video again. Do you see a difference? Best Regards Your F&S Support Team

Dear Martinez, i modified your program, compiled it in c and it works. Do you get the same error message like before "failed to initialize socket"? In the attachment you get the c-file and the executable of the file. You can execute it and you see if the problem is caused from the IO connection or if it is a QT problem. Best Regards, Your F&S Support Team