Quick RS232 test

Quick RS232 test

How to set communiction time outs and DCB structure. This sample uses COM1: and COM2:. So you have to disable serial debug output (by step into the bootloader and type "O" ... ) and to remove ndcucfg from autostart (registry key HKLM\Init). Instead of this you can modify the program and use COM3: (connection between RX and TX).
      Files
      • RS232Test.zip

(19.65 kB, downloaded 533 times, last: )

Re: Quick RS232 test

Hello,
      you can use "ndcucfg" itself for this purpose! Note, you can run "ndcucfg" not only via serial line. E.g. open telnet- or cmd shell and enter "ndcucfg".

For delete "ndcucfg" from autostart do following:

Source Code

1. reg open \init
      2. REM XX = value for ndcucfg.exe
      3. reg del LaunchXX
      4. reg save

PS: you can redirect "ndcucfg" to an other serial line under HKLM\System\ndcucfg\Port=<COMx:>.
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

When trying the build this project in VS2008 I get this linker error

Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol IID_IUnknown uafxcwd.lib RS232Test

and for 9 other IID symbols. I have tried to figure out what is missing or wrong but without any luck.
      Can you help?

Regards,
      Dag

Hello,
      the code of this sample is very simple. I assume that conversion to VS2008 fails. Create a new commanline project with VS2008 and compile it then copy the RS232Test code to your project and try to copile again. Does it work now?
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.