Missing data_received from seriel port

Missing data_received from seriel port

I have problems receiving data from serial port 2 on the PicoCOM2 module in my C# applikation from a pc to the starterkit. Sending data from PicoCOM2 is working fine but getting the data_received event is only working once when sending data from a pc to the PicoCOM2. I have verified that the same c# applikation is working fine on another WinCE6 module I have from another company.

I use the newest Eboot EBOOT_PC2_101 and kernel NKPC2_CORE_CF35_090505.

Please help me.

Thanks,
      Hans

Re: Missing data_received from seriel port

I am afrad that a missing WaitCommEvent functionality is the reason for this: Problem with serial communication using WaitCommEvent
      This feature is already scheduled in our bugtracking system.
      Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

My suggestion is that F&S should have more focus on getting the basic drivers stable (like a standard serial port) than on supporting new advanced drivers. The problem with the serial port you are referring to was reported more than a month ago!

Do you have any workarounds or suggestions to what we can do to get serial port running because my customer has a Go/No-Go milestone in about a week?

Thanks,
      Hans

We have analysed the problem reported in this thread, but could not verify that this is caused due to an error in the serial driver. Maybe your issue also belongs to the fact that the data receive event.
      On low level the data receive event will correspond to the EV_RXCHAR event discuessed in the thread above. Regarding the following desciption this event may only be triggered on every receiving character:
      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.ports.serialport.datareceived.aspx">http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... eived.aspx</a><!-- m -->
      "The DataReceived event is not gauranteed to be raised for every byte received. Use the BytesToRead property to determine how much data is left to be read in the buffer. "

On my understanding of the serial interface this behaviour is correct.
      Software developer, F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

I do not agree!

We use the BytesToRead property on every DataReceived event and reads until BytesToRead is 0. But we never get the DataReceived event again! We are using COM2 on the PicoCOM2 starterkit.

I will email you directly our test application.

Thanks,
      Hans

HI

In relating to the following. One of our customers experience seldomly but from time to time loosing characters

F&S release note:

Kernel V1.15, 101027 – hvilket svarer til Kernel Custom Version 0.11
      =====================================================================
      - 0000399: [Serial Driver] WaitCommEvent sometimes looses RX_CHAR event.

best regards