DHCP error message

DHCP error message

Hello all,
      I have a problem with PicoCOM2.
      I set IP address setting to "Obtain an IP address via DHCP".
      My DHCP server gives IP address and I can see my device on the network and looks like everything is OK.
      but when I reset device I get this message "A DHCP server could not be contacted. Using cached lease information" and user must click on OK or Cancel button to close the window.
      I had same configuration on NetDCU8 and I've never seen this message on NetDCU8.
      Now the question is how can I solve this problem? Or How can I disable the message?
      Because I don't want always click OK or Cancel button to close that window.

Thank you
      Rad

Re: DHCP error message

I suppose the DhcpRetryDialogue option will help to fix your problem. Please refere to Obtain IP Adress message box.
      If not please try to disable AutoIP (AutoCfg).
      Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Thank you for reply,
      I set DhcpRetryDialogue to 4..10 and doesn't help only increases the delay between startup and message dialog .
      also i put AutoCfg to 0 also doesn't help.

I've read in some forum that this maybe happens becuse of bad coding in network driver.
      Is it true?
      Why this situation doesn't happen in NetDCU8?

best regards,
      Rad

Have you adapted DhcpMaxRetry and DhcpRetryDialogue?
      According to the thread above, setting DhcpMaxRetry to 2 and DhcpRetryDialogue to 4 solved the problem.

I don't hink that it is a problem of the hardware driver as dhcp is an upper layer protocol. NetDCU8 is WinCE5 and PicoCOM2 is WinCE6, maybe this causes the behaviour.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Hmm. Please verify that the settings are available in the specific registry path for the Ethernet adapter.
      [HKLM\Comm\ETHNETA1\Parms\TcpIp]

These settings will overwrite the values at
      [HKLM\Comm\Parms\TcpIp]

Thank you for reply,

Exactly that was the problem
      in [HKLM\Comm\ETHNETA1\Parms\TcpIp]
      AutoCfg = 1
      and in [HKLM\Comm\Parms\TcpIp]
      AutoCfg = 0

then AutoCfg was overweitten to 1.
      when I changed that to 0, I don't see the message again.

Thank you for your help.
      Best regards,
      Rad