Problems with PicoCOM4 SDK

      Problems with PicoCOM4 SDK

      Hello,

      I tried to write a native code with PicoCOM4 SDK and have some problems to compile it. I made the example code from Microsoft Visual Studio Developer Center "Walkthrough: Hello World: A COM Interop Example for Samrt Devices". But it didn't works.

      I got following error:
      First:
      fatal error LNK1104: File "urlmon.lib" can't open. -->
      After that error I included the urlmon.lib but at the next trial I got a lot of errors like:
      error LNK2005: 'DllGetClassObject': is already defined in HelloCOMObject
      error LNK2005: 'DllMain': is already defined in HelloCOMObject
      ...

      My development environments: Visual Studio 2008 with CF3.5.

      Now I wondered, because if I made the same process with PicoCOM2 SDK it works. May be you have an idea
      Best regards

      Ralf Zanner

      Re: Problems with PicoCOM4 SDK

      Where did you find urlmon.lib? This library is not included in PicoCOM2 or PicoCOM4 SDK. And even support for this functionality is missing in the availabel kernel images.
      What is the reason for linking against urlmon.lib?
      Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

      Re: Problems with PicoCOM4 SDK

      Hello,

      that's the problem. I don't know why my Linker shows the error:
      fatal error LNK1104: File "urlmon.lib" can't open.

      This problems I also had with the PicoCOM2 SDK.
      So I thought, I search in my system and found this file in ..\WINCE600\PUBLIC\IE\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG.
      After that, I set the COM Proberties "Additional library" in VisualStudio with the right path and it works. But only
      with PicoCOM2.
      Is that a library for the Internet Explorer?

      Now for example: Here is the original output from the compiling: (sorry, but it's in german)

      Source Code

      1. 1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: HelloCOMObject, Konfiguration: Debug PicoCOM4 Core (ARMV4I) ------
      2. 1>Die Zwischen- und Ausgabedateien für das Projekt "HelloCOMObject" mit der Konfiguration "Debug|PicoCOM4 Core (ARMV4I)" werden gelöscht.
      3. 1>Typbibliothek wird erstellt...
      4. 1>Processing .\HelloCOMObject.idl
      5. 1>HelloCOMObject.idl
      6. 1>Processing C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM4 Core\include\ARMV4I\oaidl.idl
      7. 1>oaidl.idl
      8. 1>Processing C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM4 Core\include\ARMV4I\objidl.idl
      9. 1>objidl.idl
      10. 1>Processing C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM4 Core\include\ARMV4I\unknwn.idl
      11. 1>unknwn.idl
      12. 1>Processing C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM4 Core\include\ARMV4I\wtypes.idl
      13. 1>wtypes.idl
      14. 1>Processing C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM4 Core\include\ARMV4I\ocidl.idl
      15. 1>ocidl.idl
      16. 1>Processing C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM4 Core\include\ARMV4I\oleidl.idl
      17. 1>oleidl.idl
      18. 1>Kompilieren...
      19. 1>stdafx.cpp
      20. 1>Kompilieren...
      21. 1>HelloCOMObject.cpp
      22. 1>Kompilieren...
      23. 1>HelloCOMObject_i.c
      24. 1>Ressourcen werden kompiliert...
      25. 1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
      26. 1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
      27. 1>Verknüpfen...
      28. 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "urlmon.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden.
      29. 1>Das Buildprotokoll wurde unter "file://c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\rzanner.LEIBINGER-GROUP\Eigene Dateien\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\InteropSolution\HelloCOMObject\PicoCOM4 Core (ARMV4I)\Debug\BuildLog.htm" gespeichert.
      30. 1>HelloCOMObject - 1 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)
      31. ========== Erstellen: 0 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 1, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========
      Best regards

      Ralf Zanner