PicoCOM2/4 TFT LCD 18 bit colour out to LVDS interface

PicoCOM2/4 TFT LCD 18 bit colour out to LVDS interface

Hi Guys

I am currently using the PicoCOM2/4 to drive a TFT LCD display using the 18 bit colour out data/control lines. However, I now have to interface to a LVDS display. Given that there is no native support for LVDS output (that is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong) I am considering using the TI SN75LVDS83B IC as a bridge. On the face of it, this looks fairly straightforward but I am uncertain if any of the available signals are suitable for use to latch the data into the parallel registers with adequate setup times. Any ideas/done it before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Pat

Re: PicoCOM2/4 TFT LCD 18 bit colour out to LVDS interface

Interfacing the PicoCOM to a LVDS display is no problem.
      What resolution do you have? 640x480 has a 25MHz clock.
      Please check the LVDS transmitter datasheet for the minimum allowed frequency.
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Thank you for your helpful replies.

hpb: I take it you are referring to the NetDCU-ADP/LVDS1? I thought that this was intended for the NetDCU series only - because of the prefix - does it definitely work with the PicoCOM series also?

fs-support_DB: Do you receive a copy of the schematic when you buy an adapter?

I would certainly want to buy an adapter anyway in order to test that everything works OK with my chosen LCD panel before committing to modifying my PCB.

NB. I already have a starter daughter board to plug it into.

The adapter fits to our NetDCU style display connector and was designed before there were PicoMOD and PicoCOM, so it has the NetDCU prefix.
      If you buy the adapter you also get the schematic.
      There are two different LVDS adapters, one for 6bit LVDS displays and one for 8bit LVDS displays.
      You can give us the name of the display so we can have a look on the datasheet to select the right one.

Please connect the signals from the PicoCOM directly to the LVDS chip, do not use the AHC245 buffers used on the starterkit.
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

The LCD panel is 6 bit colour - Sharp LQ057V3LG11, so I guess I will require the NetDCU-ADP/LVDS1.

Well anticipated with your advice "Please connect the signals from the PicoCOM directly to the LVDS chip, etc". This was to be my next question!

As always, your advice is greatly appreciated.