NBoot programming

NBoot programming

Hi,

I have an ARMStone A9 Quad board which NAND have been completly erased by accident after "nand erase" command issued in U-Boot command prompt. Trying to restore it following the i.MX6 NBoot Programming instructions, I got and error after sending the NBoot binary image with DcuTerm and selecting "f" to flash. The error I got is "Unknown file type can NOT write in Nandflash". Do I need a speccial NBoot file? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
      Please post the whole communication protocol (including version) between PC and DCUTerm.
      Thanks.
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.
      Hello,
      I have the same problem. I have an ARM Stone A9 starter kit.

I ve downloaded MfgTool_imx6q for quad led.
      First of all, I recive this error:
      Can't find the specified file, Please refer to the log file for detailed information.

In the log file:
      ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Boot command-- file C:\Users\mgsalinero\Desktop\MfgTool_imx6q\Profiles\MX6Q Bootloader\OS Firmware\nbootIMX6Q_07.bin failed to open.errcode is 2

The problem is that the file in "\Profiles\MX6Q Bootloader\OS Firmware\nbootIMX6Q_07.bin" does not exists. OS Firmware directory contains a file named nbootIMX6Q_09. In this case I renamed the file and the application starts.

However I still failing when upload nboot. This is what I do:
      0) I short circuited the Bootselect-Pin
      1) Connect ARM Stone with serial debug console + MiniUSB-USB connector.
      2) Powerup the ARM Stone board.
      3) Run Mfg tool
      4) Wait for valid device message and I press "Start"

I see this on DCUTermi:
      F&S Nand Loader built Jan 31 2014, 10:08:16
      ArmStone Rev 1.30
      1024 MB RAM 0 MB FLASH 792 MHz

Please select action
      'd' -> Serial download of bootloader
      'u' -> USB download Eboot/UBoot
      'E' -> Erase flash
      'B' -> Show bad blocks
      Use NetDCUUsbLoader for USB download

5) Then I press "d" in DCUTermi:
      Into the console apears: "starting to download..."

6) Now I press over "File/Transmit binary file" in DCUTermi. I select the NBoot (the same that Mfg Tools brings - nbootIMX6Q_07)
      #######################################################################file len=72116
      'f' -> Save image to flash

7) Finally I press "f" to save to flash. But I receive the following message:
      Unknown file type can NOT write in Nandflash

Im using "Mfg Tool_MultiPanel (Library: 2.1.1)". All downloaded from this document:
      fs-net.de/assets/download/docu/common/en/i.MX6 NBoot Programming.pdf

The document screenshots are deprecated and does not explain correctly and fully all steps.

---------
      EDIT:

I downloaded the nbootIMX6Q_07.bin file from the user download page and try again:

This time I received this message: "There is no data for download into Nandflash "

I hope u can help me.
      Thanks a lot.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “mgsalinero” ().

Finaly I think how install NBoot and UBoot.
      I still having the problem with NBoot binary file but I downloaded NBoot v7 binary file from download page.

0) I short circuited the Bootselect-Pin
      1) Connect ARM Stone with serial debug console + MiniUSB-USB connector.
      2) Powerup the ARM Stone board.
      3) Run Mfg too
      4) Wait for valid device message and I press "Start"

I see the NBoot menu on DCUTerm

4) Then I press "D" (uppercase - Shift + d) and DCUTermi shows "Wating for NBoot", then I go to File/Send binary file. I select the NBoot binary file.
      5) When it finish I press "f" (lowercase)
      6) Now I press "d" (lowercase) and I select the UBoot binary file in File/Send binary file.
      7) I press again "f" (lowercase)
      8) Power off the arm stone and remove the pin 66 and 65 connection.
      9) Boot again the armstone.

¡¡¡¡UBoot menu is shown!!!!!! ^^
      I had the same problem ("Unknown file type can NOT write in Nandflash").

I found your post and did like you but again, i received the "Unknown file type" error. After putting the nbootIMX6SDL_17.bin file into the folder Profiles\MX6DL Bootloader\OS Firmware\ and modifying the ucl2.xml to use the file AND using 'D' instead of 'd' i was able to transfer the nbootIMX6SDL_17.bin.