New Yocto or Buildroot support on QBlissA9 board

New Yocto or Buildroot support on QBlissA9 board

Hello to all, especially to f+s support staff.

Using QblissA9 board with linux I use f+s Buildroot version release 1.2 . Used kernel version is 3.0.35.

Few months ago f+s released Yocto project port on Freescales imx6 processor, but with support for efusA9 board only. With note that other boards will follow.
      Now I would like to use some features implemented in newer kernel releases ( version 3.10.x already contain this from freescale support, if I'm not wrong ).

So I would like to ask,if I may, whether support of f+s Yocto release or Buildroot is on schedule.

Newer port of kernel version is quite important regarding to future use in other multimedia devices, so nwo Im§ nto sure if I should wait or try to find any solution on my own.

Thanks, appreciate any reply.

With best regards

PH.
      We are working heavily on all the i.MX6 stuff. There will be a release soon (middle of March), still based on 3.0.35, but with U-Boot and Buildroot in newer versions and some bugs in the kernel fixed. Then as a next step we will move to a newer kernel with all boards. Then we will also add Yocto for all the boards, in addition to Buildroot. So please be a little bit more patient, we are nearly there.

Your F&S Support Team
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.