Accidentaly erased total flash disk

Accidentaly erased total flash disk

I accidential erased the total flash disk of a NetDcuA5 :oops: .
      I tried to perform a total registry erase because the PC always saw an unknown device while connecting the board to the PC over an USB connection =O .

How can I restore the kernel?

I can communicate with the board over the RS232 and I can see that the NetDCUA5-WindowsCE Bootloader is started. What next?

THANK YOU
      Hello,
      to restore kernel is no problem.

Register on our web page unter "my f&S". Then you have access to the binary download area (kernel, tools, ..). Use NetDCUUSBLoader to reflash kernel (think "howto" is located in the installation direcrtory and "First Steps Doc").
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.
      THANK YOU.
      I downloaded and installed the NetDCUUSBLoader. The loader is running.
      BUT STILL THE SAME PROBLEM: When I connect the NetDCUA5 to the PC with the USB cable, I get the message "USB Gerät wurde nicht erkannt".
      The device manager shows an "Unknown Device" in the section "USB-Controller" and the USB led in the NetDCUUSBLoader stays red.
      I connected several different NetDCUA5 to this PC, using exactly the same cable and the same port. If the USB cable is plugged in before the supply power is switched on I always get the message "USB Gerät wurde nicht erkannt", but if I connect the NetDCUA5 to the PC after booting, I always get an USB Connection between this PC and the board. But not with this particually NetDCUA5. I had this Problem sometime ago and I could solve it by resetting the board to factory defaults, but this did not work with this board.

What to do next?
      Hello,

what did you do in detail?

Enter the bootloader -> enter "DU" -> driver (FS Board ...) will be installed automatically. Else do it "by hand". It is located in the Loaders installation directory.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.
      Hello

I enered the "DU" command in the NetDCUA5 and the board answered with:
      HW-Watchdog: DELAYED
      Waiting for USB download

I plugged the USB wire into the PC and the PC answered with "USB-Gerät wurde nicht erkannt"

Nothing else happened and the USB led in the NetDCUUSB-Loader 2.4.0 stayed red.

After some time the board sends this message:

NetDCUA5 - WindowsCE Bootloader

:> DU
      Waiting for USB download
      <-1>
      Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader Common Library Version 1.2 Built Feb 2 2015 16:06:34
      Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader for NetDCUA5 Built Feb 3 2015
      Portions copyright (c) 2012 F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      Boot Loader, Version 1.3
      NBoot, Version VN12
      HW rev. 1.20

HW-Watchdog: ON
      System ready!
      Preparing for download...
      Press >S< to step into monitor...

:>

Tried it with different USB ports, but the result is always the same.
      Hello,
      After some time the board sends this message:
      For sure, HW WDOG is working:)

I plugged the USB wire into the PC and the PC answered with "USB-Gerät wurde nicht erkannt"
      Which one? Go to your device manager and have a look which device was added. If it is not FS Board ... remove it and install this driver manually.

If this not helps use a starter kit for download. Maybe your HW is not USB 2.0 conform. But in gerneral - if ActiveSync is working NetDCUUSBLoader works too.

At last - is is also possibe to download kernel via Microsoft tool "EShell". This transfer is done via Ethernet.
      In the device manager an "Unknown Device" in the section "USB-Controller" is added. ActiveSync is NOT working with THIS device. Doesn't matter if I use the starterkit or our own adapter. BOTH, the starterkit and our own adapter work fine with other NetDCUA5, so this issue has nothing to do with our HW but with this board.
      It won't help to install the kernel via Ethernet because the USB port is used in our application. I need to connect to the board via USB and ActiveSync or WindowsMobileDeviceCenter.
      Do you think there is any other chance but to send the board back to F&S?

Dirk
      Hello,
      ActiveSync is NOT working with THIS device
      Sure, no OS no ActiveSyce! I refered your information in a prevous post that it basically works with an other board.

In the device manager an "Unknown Device" in the section "USB-Controller" is added
      Remove/deinstall this driver and install/select the ""FS Board ..." driver manually. This is a WindowsXP/7/8/10 standard procedur (but may differ from version to version).

Don't think you have to send is back - if you did it once you will see it is very very easy:)
      I manually selcted the "FS Board" Driver for this Unknown device, and the driver was intstalled for this device.

Now, after power off/on, I get an "FSBoardUSB Driver" in the section USB-Controller after plugging in the USB cable. But there is a "!" in a yellow triangle on this device. And if I check the settings, I find the message "Das Gerät kann nicht gestartet werden. (Code 10)".
      And the following informations:

Treiberanbieter: F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      Treiberdatum: 06.07.2011
      Treiberversion: 1.0.0.16386
      Signaturgeber: Nicht digital signiert

And still the message "USB-Gerät wurde nicht erkannt" if I plug in the USB cable.
      I tried to update the driver. The operating system searched online for a newer version. Maybe it found something but then a message come up:

Fehler beim Installieren der Treibersoftware für das Gerät.
      Es wurde Treibersoftware für das Gerät gefunden, aber bei der Installation ist ein Fehler
      aufgetreten.
      Unknown Device
      Dieses Gerät wurde angehalten, weil es Fehler gemeldet hat. (Code 43)
      Hello,
      yes, this "FSBoardUSB Driver" is the correct driver. Also your version is the latest one. So i have to work.

Which OS do you use?
      Did you install the correct version (x86/x64).
      W8/10? Google will give you detailed information howto install unsigned for your OS.
      Sorry for that, but let me list the details again:
      1. I connected this board to 3 different PC/Laptop, running either with Windows 7 or Windows 8, all of them 64bit Professional versions
      2. None of this 3 PC/Laptop has a problem connecting to NetDCUA5 or NetDCU9 boards, beside to this one NetDCUA5 which leads to the "Unknown device" message on all 3 PC/Laptop
      3. The issue arised before erasing the flash.
      4. The drivers are correctly installed, I get an USB connection to all other NetDCUA5 and NetDCU9
      5. I tried what was suggested: I did what I could find with Google and tried to install an unsigned driver on the Windows7 System but this did not change anything.
      6. I had the same issue in the past with one board and this could be solved by resetting the whole board including the registry to the factory Default. But this did not help for this board. This was the first Thing we tried but with no success.

What to do next?
      And please be so kind and don't ask me again to reinstall the drive. The driver works, the HW works, I have no problem to connect aother NetDCUA5 to one of this 3 PC/Laptop. I only have a problem with one board. So I can not belive that this is caused by a driver or the OS or the HW of the PC/Laptop.
      Hm,
      ... I have no problem to connect aother NetDCUA5 to one of this 3 PC/Laptop...
      For me this was not *not* clear from your previous emails, did i oversee something! Also not that you use the FS Board USB driver before - sounds this was the very first time!

In this case request an RMA.