C# Registry Editor

C# Registry Editor

Hello,

i am programming a registry Editor in C# (WPF) for the armStoneA9r2. It should be like the Remote registry editor. I used the Remote registry editor which is working. The problem is in my code that i can't get an access to the registry.

What i tried till now is:

- RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey (can't connect)
      - TcpClient (i connect to the armStoneA9r2 but i can't get to the registry)

I read out the TCP-packets with Wireshark. The problem is that i don't have a steady connection (no "chat" between my Pc and the armStoneA9r2).

Hopefully someone can help me.

EDIT: I also started "conmanclient3.exe"and "ccregcli.exe".

Best regards

Post was edited 1 time, last by “deodag” ().

Hello,
      did you got any furthe Detail by the exception which is thrown?
      F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
      As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
      Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.
      Hi,

i get the following exception:

{System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str)
      at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName, RegistryView view)
      at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName)
      at ShuttleSoftwareCheck.RegKey.<get_Children>d__7.MoveNext() in c:\Projekte\ShuttleSoftwareCheck\ShuttleSoftwareCheck\Registry.cs:line 152}

What i wrote at line 152 is:

RegistryKey environmentKey = RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(
      RegistryHive.LocalMachine, "172.168.255.254").OpenSubKey(
      "SOFTWARE");

I don't have a name of the armStoneA9r2 so i am using the IP-Address.