ActiveSync running on VirtualPC does not recognize NetDCU8

• Hello,
    I'm trying to migrate my NetDCU8 development environment to VirtualPC as WindowsXP computers are on their way out. But I need to maintain a project for some years...
    Everything went fine up to this point: Connecting NetDCU8 to Windows Mobile Device Center works, but grabbing the USB device on VirtualPC dos not lead to a connection with ActiveSync 4.5.
    Sometimes, the name of the USB-device is "NetDCU8A SBC", sometimes "FuS net" or the like, sometimes is disappears completely from the USB device list of VirtualPC (but it always works on the host OS which is Windows 7).

Any ideas?

I'm also open to ideas to address the root of my problem: How to migrate away from Windows XP?

Thanks!

• Hello,

Sometimes, the name of the USB-device is "NetDCU8A SBC", sometimes "FuS net" or the like, sometimes is disappears completely from the USB device list of VirtualPC (but it always works on the host OS which is Windows 7).

As far as i know USB device does not work with VPC! Please connect the development enviroment via Ethernet. This works fine i did this with my EVC++ NetDCU6 projects.

I'm also open to ideas to address the root of my problem: How to migrate away from Windows XP?

You use EVC++ for SW development? Right! Use MS Visual Studio for developemnt this also works under W7. Just migrate your projects by open *.proj with MS Visual Studio.
    Inportant, you have to install SDK after MS Visual Studio installation. Note http://www.forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2983 if any problems occur.

• Quote from "hpb"

Hello,
    As far as i know USB device does not work with VPC! Please connect the development enviroment via Ethernet. This works fine i did this with my EVC++ NetDCU6 projects.

Other USB devices such as FT232 USB Serial Converter work fine in VPC.
    But thanks for the hint to use ethernet.

• Hello,

Just to be complete, I'm using VS2005 .NET CF, not eVC++.

Ok, but this should work with W7 32/64Bit and NetDCUx. Which problems do you have in detail?

The only problem i know is that EVC++ does not work with W7 (i can not install EVC SP4). So for my NetDCU6 project i have to use VPC.