.Net Version? Unexpected error

• Hello,

I have a strange problem with installed .NET version and don't know how to solve it.

I created a tool with C# using .NET v3.5 network libraries. Starting/debugging in VC 2008 works without problems.

Also starting from console worked fine.

Bun when I restart display and start directly from console I get following error message:

Code
    1. Error
    2. An unexpected error has occurred in CSharpMqttPublisher.exe.
    3. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.
    4. After pressing details I get:
    5. This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET compact framework than the version
    6. installed on this device.

When starting by VC 2008, I see in the output window, following output:

Code
    1. "CSharpMqttPublisher.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\mscorlib.dll" wurde geladen
    2. "CSharpMqttPublisher.exe" (Verwaltet): "d:\development\display\csharpmqttpublisher\bin\release\CSharpMqttPublisher.exe" geladen, Symbole geladen.
    3. "CSharpMqttPublisher.exe" (Verwaltet): "d:\development\display\csharpmqttpublisher\bin\release\M2Mqtt.NetCf35.dll" geladen, Symbole geladen.
    4. "CSharpMqttPublisher.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\Debugger\BCL\System.dll" wurde geladen

So I tried to install the two .cab files manually in /ffsdisk directory but no changes/improvements.

What I'm doing wrong?

What could I do to start C# .Net programs directly after start without VS 2008?

I tried to compile for "Any CPU" with Platform "Windows CE Gerät" and "NetDCU9 ARMV4I Device" - but no difference.

Best regards, Andy

• Hello,

Now I have some additional information:

After a new start of Board I typed in "cgacutil.exe" to detect the version of .NET.

After start there is the version 2.0.7045.0 installed.

Once after started my program by VC 2008, .NET version 3.5.7283.0 was installed, because

after a start of tool "cgacutil.exe" the 2 versions was installed: 3.5.7283.0 and 2.0.7045.0.

In output window I can see:

Code
    1. CSharpMqttPublisher -> D:\Development\Display\CSharpMqttPublisher\bin\Release\CSharpMqttPublisher.exe
    2. ------ Bereitstellung gestartet: Projekt: CSharpMqttPublisher, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------
    3. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\windowsce\NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab" wird bereitgestellt.
    4. "D:\Development\Display\Kernel\extern\MQTT\M2MQTT\bin\Release\M2Mqtt.NetCf35\M2Mqtt.NetCf35.dll" wird bereitgestellt.
    5. "D:\Development\Display\CSharpMqttPublisher\bin\Release\CSharpMqttPublisher.exe" wird bereitgestellt.
    6. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\windowsce\diagnostics\NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab" wird bereitgestellt.

So when I tried to install the .cab files "NETCFv35.wce.armv4.cab" and "NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab" manually - I get following message:

Microsoft .NET CF 3.5 is already installed. Reinstall?

Ok, but I installed it in /ffsdisk/.NET directory.

After installation and run of cgacutil both version was installed.

A run of my program was successful.

I also installed the 2nd .cab file - still everything ok.

I saved the registry and restared the board.

But after switch off/on the board again the known situatin is back.

cgacutil shows me only version 2.0.7045.0 - version 3.5 disappeared.

The directory /ffsdisk/.net is filled with all installed files.

What could I do to get also version 3.5 as installed after restart of board?

Best regards, Andy

• Hello,

best way is we provide you kernel with CF3.5 asp. Think about the Flash you waste storing two versions.

Anyway: as far as i know all WCE Registry for .Net is done under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactframework - everything update here?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

yes there are entries for 2.0 and 3.5. But wrong paths. All paths going to \windows, but I installed version 3.5 on \ffsdisk\.NET.

I tried to change the 3.5 paths to \ffsdisk\.net but now I see all files were deleted in this directory???

A new kernel with 3.5 would be nice, if possible.

Best regards, Andy

• Hello,

you can download current kernel with CF35 now.

You need at least 17 MB Flash for OS.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.