Copy the Registry

• I modied the registry with all parameters that I need.

Now, I want to copy the modified registry to a SD media because I will be use it to update the all boards. But I can't copy the registry because a sharing violation error appears

Any idea ? How can I do this ? I am thinking in production.

Oscar.

• You can use different types to perform your registry entries. But you have to record entries you made during development.
    E.g.:
    1. Use a tool to create CAB files for install your application (e.g. visual studio .net)
    2. Set entries (e.g. from your application) by using wce system functions for registry reading/writing (see winreg.h)
    3. Use "ndcucfg.exe". Create a textfile regarding the syntax of "ndcucfg.exe" (see sampes on CD e.g. under folder "Displaysettings" ).
    a) transmit the file via serial line using a terminal program (see "First Steps Docu")
    b) transmit the file via telnet/batchfile (ndcucfg -B\\hostname\folder\name.txt)
    c) you can also call the textfile local from "cmd.exe"

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,
    you should not modify the registry with the registry editor. Instead create a text file (like the one for display setup) with all your modifications and run ndcucfg -B<your file>.
    Regards
    Holger

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• The problem I am facing is that if I want to set registry settings from my VB application, how can I do this. The command ndcucfg -B text.txt is only available if I first start ndcucfg, but not available through cmd. Is their any solution?

• Using VS .NET you have access to the registry by the class "RegistryKey". Using EVC++ the registry functions declared in winreg.h.

The problem I am facing is that if I want to set registry settings from my VB application, how can I do this. The command ndcucfg -B text.txt is only available if I first start ndcucfg, but not available through cmd. Is their any solution?

ndcucfg -B runs ndcucfg in batch mode. So no user input required. I think it should work easily.
    Holger

• Can anybody please tell me the syntax for the batchfile, because I do not find the CD.

3. Use "ndcucfg.exe". Create a textfile regarding the syntax of "ndcucfg.exe" (see sampes on CD e.g. under folder "Displaysettings" ).

Thank you very much

Georg

• Quote from "schliz"

Can anybody please tell me the syntax for the batchfile, because I do not find the CD.

When ndcucfg starts, it prints the line

"Type help for commands"

Ever tried this?

H. Keller

• FYI

Batchfiles for registry entries:

1. create 2 files
    • file 1 is a *.bat file
    •file 2 is a *.txt file or whatever
    2. the batfile entry contains the command for starting cmd
    •

Code
    1. cmd /C ndcucfg -B\FFSDISK\ndcucfg_at_COM1.txt

3. the textfile entry contains the command for the ndcucfg.exe
    •

Code
    1. reg open \system\ndcucfg
    2. reg set value Port string COM1:
    3. reg save
    4. quit

// dont`t forget the quit otherwise it will be not stored as I found out

Georg

• Quote from "schliz"

// dont`t forget the quit otherwise it will be not stored as I found out

This is not correct. The "reg save" already stores the registry. However if you forget the Return in the last line of the TXT-File, it may be that this line is not executed (like when you type a command but don't press return after it). I assume that this was the reason why your reg save was not executed as last command in the file.

When using the standard settings, ndcucfg is already running on COM2:. So usually it is sufficient to connect a serial line to COM2:, start a terminal program (e.g. DCUTermi) and send the text file to the board, without the need for the .bat-File.

Regards,

H. Keller

• Please help me correcting my mistake.

My textfile (Test.txt) contains:

reg open \
    reg create key Test
    reg save
    quit

I would like to start ndcucfg -B and Test.txt.

In DCUTermi I typed:

Code
    1. ndcucfg -B\FFSDISK\Test.txt
    2. or
    3. ndcucfg -B \FFSDISK\Test.txt

I get:

ERROR 100: Syntax error

What is my mistake?

Thank you very much

Georg

• Hello,

you have to type:

Code
    1. start ndcucfg-B\ffsdisk\test.txt