Problem with Usb and Visual Studio 2005

• Hello

When Debbuging my Netdcu8 CF2 Application from VS2005 I need to use sometimes USB instead of TCP for debugging because I have a networking
    application that needs to be debugged with and without the Ethernet connector plugged in.
    All works only when my application was running lets say one second then I see following in the serial debug window:

Code
    1. OEMIoControl: Unsupported Code 0x10100f8 - device 0x0101 func 62
    2. Notification Error : Cannot execute \\.\Notifications\NamedEvents\SDF_NetDisconnected
    3. Posting WM_NETCONNECT(FALSE) message, ErrorCode = 631(0x277)
    4. AUTORAS:: Dialer notifies: [2] [Dialer Terminate]

So my Usb (debug) connection is broken and I cannot debug anymore. Seems it could be related to a (SDF-opennetcf) Networking event that I use in my application. Has anybody an idea what I can do here to be able to debug with USB?

Beside this issue I have frequently trouble with my USB active sync, once the sync is lost it doesn´t helps to re-power the netdcu. Most time need to restart my PC
    for going further. But I think most of you know this unsolved issue. Any new ideas? (My dip switches are set correctly)

thanks, Andy

• Hello

I think I got a workaround. I found that when I started debugging my project (via USB) without the ethernet cradle plugged in, then the debugging goes really via usb.
    No errors like I described in my first message.
    Otherwise, when both cables are plugged in, then VS2005 likes to do it (At least it looks like) via ethernet. This even if I select the deployment via USB(This can be configured in VS2005 that you are asked).

I add here some sample code you can check it and if you think different let me know. You need some SDF2.2 dll´s to let it run:
    Opennetcf.dll
    Opennetcf.net.dll
    Opennetcf.WindowsCE.dll

If the admin let me do I can add the zpped project here in a next message.

bye
    Andreas

Here the code:

• Hello (again)

Unfortunately similar errors (like described at the begginging) now are coming again. I have no ethernet on my netdcu8 just USB connected to my PC.
    On PC is running only the DCUTermi serial Terminal, nothing else. Activ sync symbol is not green.
    Now when I switch on the NetDcu8, after a few seconds following this is displayed:

Code
    1. Explorer(V2.0) taskbar thread started.
    2. NDISPWR:: Found adapter [DM9CE1]
    3. USBFN: Indicated RS232 Cable Event
    4. AUTORAS:: Dialer notifies: [1] [Dialer Start]
    5. Posting WM_NETCONNECT(TRUE) message
    6. AUTORAS:: Dialer notifies: [4] [Dialer Connected]
    7. Posting WM_NETCONNECT(FALSE) message, ErrorCode = 631(0x277)
    8. AUTORAS:: Dialer notifies: [2] [Dialer Terminate]

No USB is available, I guess this dialer termination has to do with it, but may be not. May be anyone has similar problems? I need now to reboot my PC before I can have any new stable USB connection again, hmm, not good. I use Windows XP Prof service pack3 on PC side.
    See the complete initialization information and please help me if you have any ideas, I am a bit confused now.

• Hello

So finally I found reason for the problem(it was me...)
    When debugging via USB and no ethernet plugged in, then my software was gathering the USB IP as a remote endpoint for sending my UDP multicast data.
    Mr. Keller gave me solving hint that usb active sync will brake down if to much traffic happens.
    With fixed 127.0.0.1 IP for ethernet it worked then.
    Sorry for trashing this forum with that, but may be someone can use this info in future, it was nearly 1 day for me to find, mmh.

Good luck
    Andy