QT for your Windows CE application

• Howto use QT for your Windows CE application

You can compile QT for your respective NetDCU, PicoMOD or PicoCOM SDK.

#1 download the Qt for Open Source C++ development on Windows CE from
    http://download.qt-project.org…-opensource-src-4.8.4.zip

#2 unzip to (i.e) C:\Qt

#3 Environment variables
    In order to build and use Qt, the PATH environment variable needs to be extended:

PATH - to locate qmake, moc and other Qt tools

This is done by adding C:\Qt\bin to the PATH variable.
    For newer versions of Windows, PATH can be extended through "Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment variables" and for older versions by editing c:\autoexec.bat.

Make sure the enviroment variables for your compiler are set. Visual Studio includes vcvars32.bat for that purpose - or simply use the "Visual Studio Command Prompt" from the Start menu.

#4 Modify \Qt\bin\setcepaths.bat to include the respective F&S SBC SDK (located in C:\Programme\Windows CE Tools):

Code
    1. ELSE IF "%1" EQU "wince60standard-armv4i-msvc2005" (
    2. checksdk.exe -sdk "PicoMOD3 Core (ARMV4I)" -script tmp_created_script_setup.bat 1>NUL
    3. tmp_created_script_setup.bat
    4. del tmp_created_script_setup.bat
    5. echo PicoMOD3 Core selected, environment is set up

#5 Configure Qt
    Open the Visual Studio Command Prompt and type

Code
    1. cd \
    2. cd C:\Qt
    3. configure -platform win32-msvc2005 -xplatform wince60standard-armv4i-msvc2005
    4. setcepaths wince60standard-armv4i-msvc2005
    5. nmake

nmake takes a while from here...

Compile simple Qt application

#1 Change from Visual Studio Command Prompt to the \Qt\examples\qmake\tutorial folder
    #2 Create a hello.pro file with content:

Code
    1. CONFIG += qt
    2. HEADERS += hello.h
    3. SOURCES += hello.cpp
    4. SOURCES += main.cpp

#3 Create a corresponding Makefile:

Code
    1. qmake -o Makefile hello.pro

#4 Compile source code

Code
    1. nmake

Run compiled program on the F&S SBC

# Copy the hello.exe from \Qt\examples\qmake\tutorial\release to your platforms' \FFSDISK
    # Copy the QtCore4.dll and the QtGui4.dll to the same folder as you did with the hello.exe file
    # Run the program

Thanks to AndiTheBest.

More informations:
    http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/index.html
    http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/install-wince.html

Visual Studio Add-in

#1 download and install (from qt.nokia.com): <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/visual-studio-add-in">http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/visual-studio-add-in</a><!-- m -->
    #2 Setup Qt in VS2005: see figure 1
    #3 Modify qmake.conf (\QT\mkspecs\wince60standard-armv4i-msvc2005):
    Alter CE_SDK to:

Code
    1. CE_SDK = PicoMOD3 Core

#4 Create a Windows CE Qt project: see figure 2
    #5 Build and run application (copy QtCore4.dll, QtGui4.dll and the EXE file to the same folder on the device)

DKuhne.

• Hello,
    I have tried to bring up Qt4 on the NetDCU8 following the described steps above. The configure and build went fine, but when executing hello.exe it says in an Alert-Messagebox:
    "Cannot find 'hello' (or one if its components). Make sure path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

I've even copied all 3 files to \Windows showing the same effect so I guess its not the path.

Is there any dependency of QtCore4.dll or QtGui4.dll which is not provided by the kernel? I'm using NK82_CF2_070525.bin, nboot8_19.bin, EBOOT8_117.nb0.

Thanks!

• After configuring QT two core libraries should be available at c:\QT\lib :
    QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll
    It is required that these libraries are available on the board (within a system path). So please try to copy these two libraries to your board and try to execute the hello.exe example again.

If this does not solve the problem for you I suppose you will need to select the corresponding SDK:
    "wince60standard-armv4i-msvc2005" -> "wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005"

This command will list your currently installed SDKs:

Code
    1. checksdk -list

setcepaths.bat:

PHP
    1. <span class="syntaxdefault"><br /></span><span class="syntaxkeyword">)</span><span class="syntaxdefault"> ELSE IF </span><span class="syntaxstring">"%1"</span><span class="syntaxdefault"> EQU </span><span class="syntaxstring">"wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005"</span><span class="syntaxdefault"> </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">(<br /></span><span class="syntaxdefault">checksdk</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">.</span><span class="syntaxdefault">exe </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">-</span><span class="syntaxdefault">sdk </span><span class="syntaxstring">"NetDCU8 (ARMV4I)"</span><span class="syntaxdefault"> </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">-</span><span class="syntaxdefault">script tmp_created_script_setup</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">.</span><span class="syntaxdefault">bat 1</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">></span><span class="syntaxdefault">NUL<br />tmp_created_script_setup</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">.</span><span class="syntaxdefault">bat<br />del tmp_created_script_setup</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">.</span><span class="syntaxdefault">bat<br />echo      NetDCU8 selected</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">,</span><span class="syntaxdefault"> environment is set up<br /></span>

Configure QT:

Code
    1. cd \
    2. cd C:\Qt
    3. configure -platform win32-msvc2005 -xplatform wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005
    4. setcepaths wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005
    5. nmake

Software developer, F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi.

I have a problem building the remote test support dll QtRemote.dll. This is part of the QTestlib framework, which is a unit testing framwork provided by Qt.
    It needs Activesync libs and headers.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qtestlib-manual.html#qtremote">http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qtestlib-m ... l#qtremote</a><!-- m -->

How can I get these headers and libs for WinCE-Picomod3?

Thanks.

• Hello.

I have a problem with step #4

Quote from "fs-support_MK"

This command will list your currently installed SDKs:

Code
    1. checksdk -list

This results in

C:\Qt\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2\bin>checksdk -list
    Could not find any installed SDK, aborting!

C:\Qt\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.2\bin>

Where is the problem?

• I'm getting an error while running nmake. Configure and setcepaths seems to work properly. I'm using PicoMod4 with WinCE 6.0 an VS2008 Pro.

I've modified setcepaths.bat like this:

This is what I've done with the error while nmake:

How to solve this?

Thank you.

• Disable SQL:

configure -no-sql-sqlite -no-qt3support -no-opengl -platform win32-msvc2008 -xplatform wince60standard-armv4i-msvc2005 -no-libtiff -no-dbus -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-webkit

NOTE: Visual Studio integration was added to the first post!

F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.