Kernel über 32MB herunterladen

• Hallo,

ich benötige Ihre Hilfe. Ich habe einen Kernel zusammengestellt, der unseren kompletten asiatischen Markt abdecken soll.
    Dafür habe ich mehrere IMEs und die dazugehörigen Fonts einbinden müssen. Weil das komplette Image jetzt knapp über
    32 MByte gross ist, bekomme ich es mit dem Bootloader nicht mehr herunter geladen. Kann das an einem Eintrag im
    EBoot bzw. boot.bib File sein? Wie kann ich darauf Einfluss nehmen?
    Damit ich das Image überhaupt erstellen konnte war es schon notwendig die Memory-Einträge in der config.bib zu ändern.
    Ich muss jetzt hoffentlich nicht einen eigenen Bootloader entwickeln!?
    Wäre nett, wenn Sie mir da weiter helfen könnten.

Gruss
    R.Zanner

• Could you please post the debug output when downloading your kernel?
    The memory layout in bootloader is designed for 32MB usage for compatibility purposes. It might be required to adapt the eboot, too.

Easiest way to handle this will be reducing the kernel size. Maybe it is possible to put the fonts into FFSDISK instead of the including them directly into the kernel image?

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks for your response,

1. Yes, I post the debug output, but I can't analyze the displayed information, because the download of the image has stopped near by end.
    The result:

Code
    1. :> DU
    2. Waiting for USB download
    3. Download file information:
    4. _________________________________________
    5. [0]:Address=0x80139000 Length=0x1EE213C Name= C:\WINCE500\PBWorkspaces\ND8_LJet3_Asia\RelDir\NetDCU8_ARMV4l_Release\NK.bin
    6. INFO: Changed start address for C:\WINCE500\PBWorkspaces\ND8_LJet3_Asia\RelDir\NetDCU8_ARMV4l_Release\NK.bin to 0x80139000.

2. Unfortunately, the fonts depends on the included IMEs in the multi language kernel, so I didn't have any chance to put the fonts outside.

But can we change the memory layout in the bootloader? Is there any backdoor to do this, without change the sourcecode?
    Please help me, because I didn' t have the time to make a bootloader of my own.

Regards
    R.Zanner