RTC and I2C on newer PicoCOM1 revisions (shipped June09)

• The first PicoCOM1 boards where equipped with an external RTC that was connected to the I2C bus internally including 4,7k Ohm pull-ups. This was required due to a bug within the used microcontroller that causes that the internal RTC was not able to store the date/time permanently.

The latest PicoCOM1 boards are now equipped with an updated microconroller version where this bug is fixed. The external I2C-RTC therefore will no more be available on these boards.
    This issue applies to boards develiered since June 2009.

On WindowsCE switchting to this "new" boards is already taken into account since kernel version V1.00 (Build: 080509) and will not be a problem.

There is only one hardware change that must be taken into account: By removing the I2C-RTC even the needed pull-ups have been removed on the corresponding PicoCOM1 boards.

You can check if the I2C-RTC is available on the PicoCOM using the following screenshoot. The RTC controller is marked red.
    [IMG:http://www.fs-net.de/images/forum/PC1_V120_Bottom_thumb.jpg]

Your F&S support team

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• To verify by software if your board is equipped with an external RTC (over I2C) and a SPI-Flash you can use the MAC-Address.
    All boards having a MAC address higher or equal to 00:05:51:02:37:AC will *not* be equiped with an external RTC and SPI-Flash.

Your F&S support team

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

strange, this board was assembled in 2008. Is "00:05:51:01:90:F5" the real MAC (HKLM\comm\<controler>\parms) or the MAC on the board label. In other words are the two MACs are the same?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH