BootLoader geht nicht mehr/Boot Loader doesn't work anymore

• Auf unserem PicoMOD4 sollen zwei serielle Schnittstellen in einer Anwendung verwendet werden.
    Dazu habe ich den Debug Output im Boot Loader deaktiviert.

Jetzt geht aber der Boot Loader überhaupt nicht mehr!
    Habe ich da etwas falsch verstanden? Ich wollte nicht den Boot Loader deaktivieren.

Jedenfalls komme ich jetzt an keiner der drei Schnittstellen mehr in den Boot Loader.
    Sollte der Boot Loader nicht immer irgendwie erreichbar sein?
    Was kann ich da machen?

(Das StarterKit ist in Ordnung, denn mit einem anderen PicoMOD3 funktioniert der Boot Loader wie gehabt.)

============================================================================================================

On our PicoMOD4 we need to use two serial Interfaces in an application.
    So I deactivated the Debug Output in the Boot Loader menu.

But now, the Boot Loader doesn't work anymore!
    Did I do something wrong? I didn't want to deaktivate the Boot Loader.

I can't connect to the Boot Loader over any of the tree serial interfaces anymore.
    Shouldn't the Boot Loader always be available somehow?
    What can I do?

(The StaterInterface is working, because the Boot Loader works with a different PicoMOD3.)

• Does the board start normal (WinCE)?
    If yes, the can you go into the SteppingStone/nboot/pboot with 's'?
    Did you check the baudrate in the terminal programm?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Yes, the board is starting normal with Windows CE.

Meanwhile I have found a way to move the NetDCUcfg to a different port, but still can't get to the Boot Loader menu.

The serial connection is fine, because I can connect to the same setup with a PicoMOD3 instead of the PicoMOD4.

I tried holding shift+s during boot up on all three ports, but the system ignores it and starts Windows CE.

• This seems to be a bug within the Eboot bootloader and will be changed in the next release.
    To be able to enter bootloader again you can enable the debug output again with the ndcucfg command "serial debug on"

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Ah very good, thank you.

As you said, I could reenable the boot menu with the NDCUCFG command "serial debug on".
    This is ok for now, because I don't need the boot loader menu frequently.

• Hallo zusammen,

ich habe ein ähnliches Problem mit PicoMOD4 Kernel V1.00.

Ich habe einige Treiber deaktiviert (ANALOGIN, Videoengine, Audio). Hierfür habe ich die debug-Ausgabe deaktiviert, damit ich an ndcucfg rankomme.

Leider bootet jetzt die PicoMOD4 scheinbar überhaupt nicht mehr richtig. Der Bildschirm bleibt schwarz, ich bekomme keine ActiveSync Verbindung mehr und auch ndcucfg started nicht mehr.

Jemand eine Idee, was ich da machen kann?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have a similar problem with PicoMOD4 and Kernel version 1.00.

I deacivates some drivers in the registry (ANALOGIN, VideoEngine, Audio). Therefore I have deactivated the debug output to be able to access ndcucfg.

Now it seems that the PicoMOD4 doesn't boot correctly anymore. The display stays black, there is no active sync connection and ndcucfg also doesn't start.

What can I do to solve this problem?

• First please check if you are still able to enter NBoot (small s during bootup).
    If this is possible please try to transmit the EBoot again over USB or Serial.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH