Can't compile nearly no (MFC) sample

• Hello.

I'm using VS 2008 pro and PicoMod4.

I've tried to compile the 27 MFC samples and always get different compiler errors (except one or two samples).

I always get this message (no error), no matter which sample I try to compile

1> WINVER not defined. Defaulting to 0x0400, which is appropriate for all supported Windows CE versions
    1>_CE_ACTIVEX was not defined because this Windows CE SDK does not have DCOM.
    1> _CE_ACTIVEX could be caused to be defined by defining _CE_ALLOW_SINGLE_THREADED_OBJECTS_IN_MTA, but it is recommended that this be done only for single-threaded apps.
    1>_ATL_NO_HOSTING was defined because _CE_ACTIVEX was not defined.

How to fix this?

The most frequent error is

error C2039: 'AddAdornments': Ist kein Element von 'CTestWindow'

For example in ctrltest.cpp(63) of the ctrltest example.

How to fix this?

Thank you.

• Hello,
    these c++ sample projects are not for "smart devices"!
    So create project for a "smart device" and add files/code step by step.

Whats your purpose?
    Do you look for special samples? Maybe we can give you some hints.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Quote from "fs-support_ZU"

these c++ sample projects are not for "smart devices"!

Where is the point of shipping samples with PicoMod which are not for that device, if this is the case?

Quote from "fs-support_ZU"

Whats your purpose?
    Do you look for special samples? Maybe we can give you some hints.

Because I have no experience with MFC, I try to figure out how to write MFC applications.

Samples which shows how to realize certain things are very helpfull in the beginning. Are there any MFC samples for the PicoMod available?

• Hello,

Where is the point of shipping samples with PicoMod which are not for that device, if this is the case?

Sorry the samples are on CD? Can you tell me where they are included?

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Ok now i find them.
    - MFC folder on CD
    These samples are created with former microsoft development tools (VC6 and/or EVC). You can convert them open the project file with VS200x. Nevertheless the convertion may not do all task for you so that you still have to rework it manually!
    - FS samples (Sample folder on CD or sample section in this forum)
    here you will find samples with *.sln projects which can be used by VS200x without problems.

I think you will fnd also a lot of samples for VS200x and WCE under http://www.codeguru.com, http://www.codeproject.com/ ... .