How to install an USB printer on NetDCUX and PicoMODX

• These sample includes DLL's and instruction to deploy an USB printer on NetDCUX and PicoMODX.

Files

• Printer.zip

(110.71 kB, downloaded 615 times, last: )

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Drivers in the previous thread are for WCE500 and lower.
    Attached update for usbprn.dll (and pcl.dll which is not always part of the image) for WCE600 (ARM based).

Files

• usbprn.zip

(7.27 kB, downloaded 441 times, last: )
    • pcl.zip

(7.71 kB, downloaded 436 times, last: )

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello I tried the first driver on a netdcu 8 with an zebra 2844 label printer. He supports pcl 3 standard but i allways get the Message "Error installing USB driver USBPRN"
    usbprn.dll and pcl.dll are in \\ffsdisk

i also tried 2-3 other printer but i get the same error.

Hope somebody solve the same problem...

thx

• Hello,
    a) did your try to ease registry and reinstall the driver?
    b) after "printer installation", registry save and reboot does the printer work if you ignore the error message?

• Hello
    drivers functionally should be identical.
    Have you details about the occuring problems?

• I use the drivers above to connect a HP Deskjet 5150 (also with a fresh re-install)...then I want to use C++ functions CreateDC/StartDoc/StartPage etc. to generate reports.
    On NetDCU6 this works fine, but on NetDCU8 StartDoc fails with GetLastError=6 (invalid handle).

Our kernel versions as extracted with SPI_GETPLATFORMVERSION are 1.17 (DCU6) and 1.28 (DCU8)

• Are the handle for DC is ok?

• Updated prn-files tested under WCE6 on PicoMOD3.

Files

• usbprinter.zip

(15.02 kB, downloaded 411 times, last: )