current U-Boot version

• Hello at all

what is the current version number from the boot loader U-Boot?

The installed version in BSP1.1 is from 2008.10 and seams to be very old and obsolet.

Is there a newer version implemented for the Picocom1-modul?

Best regards
    G.Kollmann

• Quote from "GKollmann"

what is the current version number from the boot loader U-Boot?

This depends on the board. The boot loader and all other software is usually ported when a board is newly released. Then later there are only minor changes and updates, probably even none.

The installed version in BSP1.1 is from 2008.10 and seams to be very old and obsolet.

Why obsolete? A boot loader is meant to start the board and as long as the board does not change, why should the boot loader?

Is there a newer version implemented for the Picocom1-modul?

None that I know of. But this is Linux and OpenSource. You have the source code of the U-Boot that is used on the PicoCOM1, therefore you can always port a new version of U-Boot to the PicoCOM1 and apply the modifications of our supplied U-Boot again. But what do you expect from a new U-Boot that is not already there in the supplied one?

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks for relpy

Inside the boot loader the flash routines reside and I've problmes when Linux mounts this flash partition programmed with u-boot.

The idea was that a propably little bug inside the flash routines may be solved in a newer version.
    Or just add verify to the write functions.

I'll have a look in the code.

best regards
    Günter