CAN in VB.NET

• Hello,

I'm trying to acces the Canport using VB.net and I allready looked at your examples for C and the DIO for VB.NET, so I was pretty sure that I could pull it of... I was wrong. Here's my code so far:

The program runs, and doesn't give an error when opening the port or trying to write to it. But I can't change any settings and when I check the CAN-port with a scope (while writing), I can't see any data.
    Any ideas?

Regards,

Niek

• We have a C# class to access the CAN port. I think this can rather easily be combined with a VB program. However this software is not for free. Please contact our sales department.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

I want to program an application for the NetDCU8 under Visual Studio 2005 C#. I want that when the user push a button, it will be send a CAN Message.

As I read in the documentation, file WINCE_CAN_DOTNET_eng.pdf, I have an example in the source code of CanRead and CanWrite. This two examples use the namespace(?) FS.NetDCU and the CanPort class to work.

Would I only need this class to make it work? I mean put the CanPort class as another class in my project, and call it from my code.

Best Regards,

Jose MATA
    IFR Automotive

• Quote from "jmata"

Would I only need this class to make it work? I mean put the CanPort class as another class in my project, and call it from my code.

Exactly. Just import the class into your project and use it. That's all.

Regards,

H. Keller

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

So, I would like to use this class, but I think my NetDCU8-SKIT-WC50 is not up to date (I bought it at the end of January 2007), because I can not find the class on this CD.

How can I obtain this class? Who is the person I need to speak to? (I sent and email to the sales department, but I did not obtain any answer yet).

Best Regards,

Jose MATA
    IFR Automotive

• I just checked with the sales department. You'll get an answer very soon.

H. Keller