WLAN question

• Just some questions. I installed on each device, a netdcu8 and a picocom2, a WLAN USB Adapter with RaLink chipset. I configured the registry to detect the stick properly and also I configured the registry so that on both devices ad-hoc mode is possible. When booting both devices, a screen pop´s up, showing me the acces points that are detected.
    I can configure with this tool an adhoc connection easily and it works stable like any other network adapter.

Now I wanted to do this programmaticaly, without this tool. I was´nt able to do this. I tried to use SDF2.3 with it´s wrappers classes. There are the approbiate methods and I did it like this:

and so on. I never get an error and ConnectToPreferredNetwork() gives me back a "true", telling me that it worked. So what´s wrong? I never get a connection between my 2 devices.
    To make it a bit more clear to me, I have the questions:

1. Do I make a basic error the way I try to connect programmatically? Is there a better way.
    2. The windows tool that pop´s up, is this the wzctool? Can I disable this in registry?
    3. What is the windows zero configuration? Is this just a service that I need and is already in the kernel?
    4. Is there a Windows api available, offering some more functions to do connection.

thanks

• Ok, I found a way to let Windows do the stuff of connecting automatically(instead of programatically), via the checkboxes in the WZC dialog (this seems to be the name of the pop up window, WindowsZeroConfiguration). I only need to add programatically once the SSID on one wifi side to the preferred list and that´s it. A bit away from what I expected, but ok.
    Then there is the question remaining to me, how to do this setting via registry instead of checkboxes, I didn´t find the keys for it(yes I am a bit lazy), and how can I disable the WZC pop up.
    So where are the reg key for WZC? Any help welcome.

Another thing, does anybody know where I can buy the platformbuilder 120 day trial CD.
    I read that there should be the source code for the WZC stuff.
    Downloading the trial isn´t possible for me, it is sticking in the middle of downloading files.