Problems with SPI communication

• Hello,

I have a question about SPI:
    We start our development with PicoCOM2 and want to change to PicoCOM4. With PicoCOM2 we have a successfull communication with the SPI-bus. Now I thougt we can use nearly the same registry parameters from PicoCOM2 SPI to PicoCOM4 SPI. But the commuication is fail. I tried different settings but without success.
    Until now, we can find a description of PicoCOM_NSPI_eng.pdf on your server, but this PDF document descripe only PicoCOM1 and PicoCOM2. Is there any different to PicoCOM4?
    Maybe you can help me, what parameter settings are wrong?
    First the part of registry settings SPI PicoCOM2:

And here are the current SPI settings of PicoCOM4:

• Please make sure that CAN driver is disabled or removed from kernel.
    I must agree that registry settings are different to PicoCOM2. This is because the Samsung MCU we use in PicoCOM4 features a completly different SPI controller compared to PicoCOM2. Therefore you also need to use a differnt documentation. Registry settings are the same as on NetDCU and PicoMOD boards. Please refer to the appropriate NSPI documentation
    Driver interface will still be the same and on software layer there should be no modifications required of you swtich from PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

unfortunately we have still problems with the SPI driver. CAN Bus driver is not installed!
    We don't meassure any clock signal at the clock pin. Maybe you can see any mistakes in the output log file .

Now it is very important for us to know the PicoCOM4 SPI is working well.
    Because we have to order a lot of PicoCOM4 as soon as possible.

• Yes we have tested nspi interface on PicoCOM4 on a previous HW revision. Due to HW changes in the latest revision it might be possible that there are required some additional modifications. We will verify this again.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

because of your last answer we ordered two new PicoCOM4 from our distributor. But we have still the same problem!
    What is now the newest HW revision. On the board I can read "PicoCOM4 R:1.11".
    It is very important for us to know, that our software working likewise on PicoCOM2.
    Because we want to order and it is very urgently.

• Hello,

here are my measurement arguments from the spi communication between PicoCOM2 and PicoCOM4.
    In the first picture you can see the clock (yellow) and the MOSI signal from PicoCOM2 during a “DeviceIOControl†command.
    In the second picture are the same from PicoCOM4. We used the same software at both boards.
    You wrote you have tested the nspi driver and you made hardware modifications. For this reason we ordered new PicoCOM4
    from our distributor. But we have still the communication problems. Please, we need answer as soon as possible.

[IMG:http://img4web.s3.amazonaws.com/source/GSHDUC.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1SC7XPM4CHJWESHW9XG2&Expires=1317637029&Signature=0c3Cqic1fZojAD7ZEJD3ArVrGxE%3D]

[IMG:http://img4web.s3.amazonaws.com/source/5NYXJ.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1SC7XPM4CHJWESHW9XG2&Expires=1317636962&Signature=AJYCtKVi8%2FY%2BikIk9FVUqUXPuik%3D]

• Zur einem Problem:

Ich bin gerade beim Testen des PicoCOM4-Boards. Ich habe momentan Probleme mit der SPI-Kommunikation.
    Ich verwende den Treiber pc4_nspi.dll Version 3.3 und den neuesten XIP-Kernel 1.11 (vom 29.10.2012).

Der Treiber scheint ordentlich installiert, die Rückgabecodes von DeviceIOControl, bzw Read- und WriteFile sind in Ordnung.
    Wir messen beim Schreiben Signale auf der CLK-Leitung (auch die Polarität lässt sich umschalten) und MOSI-Leitung.
    Beim Lesen sowohl mit IOCTL_SPI_RECEIVE als auch mit ReadFile bleibt die CLK-Leitung jedoch stumm.

Können Sie das nachvollziehen?