Application based in MATLAB source code and SDcard size

• Hello,

I have some questions related to picoCOM4 which we have just bought including the StarterKit. We are developing an application in which we need to load a MATLAB project (the .m file include Digital Signal Processing like FFT and PSD). This project is going to be compile and debug on Visual Studio 2005 (Visual C++ specifically). Is that possible? That is, is possible to load in picoCOM an application that firstly has been done in MATLAB (creating a C shared library), or maybe we need to translate all the source code from MATLAB to C++?

Another question is about the SD-Card maximum size. Can I use any size SD-card or is there a limitation?

Thank you in advanced.

Ãlvaro Ladrón de Guevara

• Does MATLAB create the source code that is compiled with a standard compiler to a shared lib or does it directly (internally) create the shared lib? Because in the latter case I doubt that it can create a shared lib for ARM code.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• The C shared library is created from a MATLAB project that is compiled using the Visual Studio 2005 compiler (it's configured with the command 'mbuild -setup'). Then, the project has to be built on MATLAB and finally some .lib files are generated...(i guess these files have to be included in the path of the VS2005 project).

I don't know if this procedure that MATLAB follows is internal or not. The fact is that the C shared library is created.

I've found an example on VS2010 where a MFC application uses a MATLAB function previously compiled. After that is necessary to generate a setup file (.exe) with the corresponding .dll files, and put them into picoCOM4. The installation fail.

However, this example is done on VS2010 and we want to work with VS2005 that is more compatible with picoCOM4. Is there any way to do this procedure work on VS2005?

Thank you in advanced.

Ãlvaro Ladrón de Guevara

• I think you miss the main point here. The PicoCOM4 works with an ARM processor under Windows CE. If the MATLAB procedure can only generate x86 DLLs for a full-blown desktop Windows, this will always fail as the DLL will never run on the PicoCOM4. So you first have to check if MATLAB can produce (i.e. cross-compile) ARM DLLs. If yes, we still need to know what type of code this DLL is based on. Which ARM architecture? Is it based on .NET? If yes, can it work together with the Compact Framework (as available on the PicoCOM4) or does it depend on the full .NET desktop framework? If you want to work with VS2005, it even must be compatible to Compact Framework 2.0. Or if it does not use .NET, is it compatible with the restricted set of functions from a Windows CE environment then?

These are all questions that only you as a user of MATLAB can answer.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.