Activating second USB-Port as host

• We have a baseboard we use for NetDCU8 and NetDCU11. With the NetDCU8 we can use both USB-Ports as host. The hardware has both 15k pull down resistors and USB W1 and GND connected.
    On the NetDCU8 borad we have the registry setup according to the Manual NetDCU8_FirstSteps_eng.

On the NetDCU11 I'm trying to set up the registry according to the manual NetDCU10_FirstSteps_eng. This is the newest manual I have and I haven't found a newer one in the download aerea.
    The mentioned key \Drivers\BuiltIn\OHCD doesn't exist and creating it and adding the value and also with \Drivers\BuiltIn\USBFN and Flags doesn't help.

Is a newer manual availabe or which registry change must be done.

I'm using kernel NetDCU11 V1.21 from 2010-11-16.

• Hello,
    - the key name on NetDCU11 is "OHCI"
    - did you recognize the corresponding schmatic in the NetDCU11 HW documentation? So i think you cannot do that adjustments by the DIP.

PS: i never test this feature!

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

I have the following documentation:
    NetDCU11_Hardware_eng.pdf from 2010-06-01. In this document is a scematic diagram in chapter 2.15 page 29 showing how to use USB Interface 2 as host. This is the same scematic diagram as for NetDCU8 created by G. Scholz on 2004-03-15.

The baseboard I mentioned is one we built on our own not the baseboard of the starter kit.

Since I didn't found a newer document it maybe that the document is outdated or incorrect.

• Yes,
    schematic from 15.3.2004 is right. Did you made registry entries and i does not work?
    Which HW Revision do you use? Maybe you have to modyfied a resitor on NetDCU board, please contact our RMA department (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:RMA@fs-net.de">RMA@fs-net.de</a><!-- e -->).

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,
    2xUSB host is not sopported by the driver. So you have to implemet a HUB!