LCD / touch recommendation

• Hi all,

So while everyone of us is desperately waiting for the delivery of our little "toy" I would like to take the chance to ask the following:
    Has anyone a recommendation for a good priced LCD in the range of 6-7 inches? Of course I also would like to use PCTouch screen as input device.
    The main request here, from my side, is good priced. Maybe F+S can check the requirements of the forums community and make an offer to this communuity,
    just like they did with the armStoneA8 offer during embedded world 2012?

Regards,
    HoBa

• Dear HoBa

F&S will offer an 7" (WVGA) TFT (12V - LED backlight) with cables and display driver.
    It will be easy to connect this TFT to the armStoneA8.

Additonal we will offer display cables (LVDS) with open end to connect to common TFTs.

Next week we will have specification and price available.

KU

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Dear HoBa

Doe you request an 4-wire resistive touch-panel or an cap. touch-panel ?

KU

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

It depends.....

For our later possible application we would need a capacitive touch panel (PCT multi touch if possible).
    For a first test a resistive one would be sufficient.
    Additionally the price difference between the two versions would be interesting ;-).

So I would say for this special request, to have a chaep LCD with touch, I request a 4 wire resistive one.

Regards,
    HoBa

• Hello F&S Team,

Another two weeks are gone since my last request.
    Do you have any update on this topic?
    Have you already made a decision which kind of touch will be used?

Best regards,
    HoBa