PicoMOD7/Linux development state and releases

• Hello RSchubert,
    i am not sure but from the forums contents i suppose both releases are the very first one. Maybe this is only a different assignment from differnet "departments" or for different product lines.

• Hi hpb,

your're right. The numbers don't mean nothing but for PicoMOD7 Kernel 2.6.2x and an old framebuffer driver is used. Some functions are not supported yet. The package for armstoneA8 is using Kernel 3.3 and some new drivers. The CPU and periphery seams similar. So I think/hope the work is not that much as getting the armstoneA8 working with the new stuff.

RSchubert

• A kernel in a pre-release state gets a 0.x version. Here quite a few things are still missing or incomplete and we expect larger changes. A kernel that is more or less feature complete, gets V1.x.

Some boards use the not-so-recent kernel 2.6.29 as this is the only kernel that has full support from the Samsung side. However we are trying to lift all these boards to a rather new version 3.3 at the moment. This will still take a while because there are tremendous changes between these two kernel versions, especially as Samsung has not done a clean implementation for 2.6.29 that can easily be ported to the newer version. When this is done, the version will also increment to V1.x.

So we are currently rather busy while uniting all these different kernel versions.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.