QT phonon backend

• Hello,
    I want to use the QT phonon library. For this, the gstreamer library and the phonon-plugin 'library libphonon_gstreamer.so' are needed. I could not built the phonon-plugin with buildroot. And so, although in buildroot gestreamer and plugins 'gstreamer-plugins-base, -good, -ugly' etc was selected.
    I can build and run the QT phonon application. But at runtime, the error 'Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject(no objectName) to Phonon::AudioOutput(no objectName)' appears.
    In some forums I've read that to produce the phonon-plugins, first 'gstreamer' and its plugins must created before QT.
    Are you the same opinion ?

• What exacly is your purpose? What media format do you want to use?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Quote from "fs-support_DK"

What exacly is your purpose? What media format do you want to use?

Thank you for your fast response.
    At the present I want to play wav-files( pcm ) with volume control using the QT Multimedia ( phonon ) library. But in the future it is possible that video files( avi ) will played too.
    Instead of QSound library to play sounds I prefer the QMultimedia library

Best regards

• I would suggest QtGStreamer:
    http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/qt-gstreamer.html

I can send you the corresponding libraries.

This will provide easy access to all GStreamer Plugins. We provide a GStreamer Plugin to use MPEG-4 decoding in hardware. You can use AVI as container.

But we managed to built phonon too. You can try to remove the qt folder located in output/build and then call >> make << again.

F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.