NetDCU6 communication with PC

• Dear Sir,

I tried to configure NetDCU6 to connect it to TFT display PhilipsLB064V02.

I used Telnet over Ethernet interface and everything worked fine.
    When all the keys were entered and checked I entered
    reg save
    again, everything looked fine.
    Then I connected display and rebooted NetDCU6. Nothing could be seen on display.

Then problems began.

1. I couldn't establish connection from my PC to NetDCU6 over Ethernet interface.
    2. Then I tried to connect PC and NetDCU6 over serial line.
    3. Using DCUTerm over serial port RS232 2 of NetDCU6 starter kit, I got following messages:

Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.0 Built Jun 24 2004 16:39:33
    Windows CE Bootloader for AMD Alchemy Built Jul 23 2004 at 11:18:39
    Portions copyright (c) 2004 F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    Boot Loader, Version 1.5
    BOOT FLASH: SST DEVCODE: 39VF040
    T: InitFlash ... Complete!
    FindRegistryValue: using registry 2
    FindRegistryValue: string found

4. Then I connected serial cable to RS232 1 of NetDCU6 starter kit trying to use ndcucfg - it didn't work

Now I can not communicate with NetDCU6.

Can anyone please help and tell me what I can do to fix things.

Thank you for helping!

• I suggest you have done some wrong WCE-Registry entries! In such a case it may be possible that the system does not start again (your serial boot output shows this). You have to reset the registry to delivery status by step into the bootloader and enter "R" (please refer NetDCU3_Bootloader.pdf). Now everything works regular.
    Then you have to reconfigure registry for LCD (use LB064V2.txt from CD!), network, ... .

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi again,

I tried to enter bootloader following description from document NetDCU3 Boot Loader.
    1. Started DCU term.
    2. Power on NetDCU6.
    3. Pressing S while NetDCU6 is booting doesn't start boot loader, I can't step in it, can't get :> prompt.

Always get the same messages:
    Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.0 Built Jun 24 2004 16:39:33
    Windows CE Bootloader for AMD Alchemy Built Jul 23 2004 at 11:18:39
    Portions copyright (c) 2004 F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    Boot Loader, Version 1.5
    BOOT FLASH: SST DEVCODE: 39VF040
    T: InitFlash ... Complete!
    FindRegistryValue: using registry 2
    FindRegistryValue: string found

Zik

• Quote from "zik"

2. Power on NetDCU6.
    3. Pressing S while NetDCU6 is booting doesn't start boot loader, I can't step in it, can't get :> prompt.

It's easier to press the 'S'-key before starting the board. Stay on the key so that the key repeats and then with the other hand switch on the power to the NetDCU. During all this time don't release the 'S' key. It should continuously send the character over the serial line. It is also important to send an upper case 'S', not lower case 's'.

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.