Digital IO: Problem mit Eingängen

• Hallo

Wir können die IO's als Eingänge nicht ansprechen. D.h. als Ausgänge funktioniert es, aber als Eingänge nicht.

Konfiguration:
    "UseAsIO" Hex 00,C0,3F,00,00,00
    "DataDir" Hex 00,00,3F,00,00,00
    "DataInit" Hex 00,00,3F,00,00,00

Port2 Bit 0-5 (IO-Pin 16-21) sind als Ausgänge konfiguriert und lassen sich auch ansprechen.

Port1 Bit 6-7 (IO-Pin 14-15) sind als Eingänge konfiguriert. Beim auslesen kommt aber immer eine 0, egal ob Eingang aktiviert ist oder nicht.

I2C, SPI und CAN sind deaktiviert.

Die Hardware ist in Ordnung, haben wir alles schon ausgemessen. Wir haben u.a. den Aufruf aus dem Beispiel von F&S sowie unsere eigene Software versucht. Die Ausgänge funktionieren einwandfrei, nur eben die Eingänge nicht. Hat jemand eine Idee?

Danke!

Carlos Bernhardsgrütter

• Hello,
    please refer device driver documentation!
    IO-Pin 14-15 are use for SD Card. Disable SD Card driver for use these pins.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hallo
    Alle Treiber, was mit SD zu tun hatte ich schon deaktiviert gehabt.
    Board: PicoCom4
    HW: 1.3
    SN:
    CPU: 534 MHz

Firmware:
    Eboot: V1.6
    Nboot: PC425
    Kernel: 1.01 -Build Jul 22.2011

1.) Folgende Tests habe ich noch gemacht: Port1 Bit6/7 (IO-Pin 16-21) als Ausgänge config., sie schalten korrekt wie Port2 Bit0-5 (IO-Pin 16-21), aber auslesen kann ich sie nicht, bekomme immer eine 0.
    2.) Ich habe versucht Port2 zulesen und bekomme bei Bit0-5 (IO-Pin 16-21) immer eine Low Zustand, nur bei den Bit's 6-7 gibts ein Wechsel von Hi nach Low. Ich vermute das alle diese Ports die mit der SDcard zu tun haben,
    dass lesen verhindert.
    Ich bitte Sie um eine Lösung, weil unsere Hardware schon steht und wir dringend ausliefern müssen.
    Besten Dank, C.Bernhardsgrütter

• Sorry, sollte heisen: 2.) Ich habe versucht Port2 zulesen und bekomme bei Bit0-5 (IO-Pin 16-21) immer eine Low Zustand, nur bei den ***Bit's 4 und 5*** (IO-Pin 20-21) gibts ein Wechsel von Hi nach Low.
    Ãœbrigens im Forum ist auch ein Beitrag "Problem read Digital IO" das leider unbeantwortet bleibt.
    C.Bernhardsgrütter

• We are currently evaluating this issue in more detail and will inform you this midday.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• There was an issue with register shadowing that sometimes caused invalid values when reading from a DIO port. We have fixed this issue (0001297) in the DIO driver which will be available in the next kernel release (approx. 2 weeks).

• Hello,

we also have the same problems. But in our case we have made an own kernel and many boards with that wrong DIO driver are sold.
    Now my questions: Is it possible to exchange the driver in the current kernel, without installing a new kernel?
    And is it possible to get this DIO driver as soon as possible, because our customers need that input pin very urgent.

• yes this is possible.
    I have attached the corresponding DLL version to this thread.

Files

• Hello,

thanks for the fast work. The input adjustments of Port2 works correctly now.
    But I have a new problem!
    The new driver will not dedect an USB device --> e.g. ActiveSync connection.
    The same problem I have with PicoCOM3 Kernel Version V1.01 with evaluation board. Can you also check it?

• I suppose this has something to do with priority or load order. Please try to set the load order of the DIO driver to 255.

Code
    1. reg open \drivers\builtin\digitalio
    2. reg set val Order dword 255
    3. reg save

• Hello,

we do have a similar problem that might be related so I put it here.
    After switching from PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4 (kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin) we are unable to use pins 27 and 28 (IO pins 9 and 10) as inputs. According to the manual, these pins can function as outputs only. However, the same is stated to PicoCOM2, where these pins work as inputs normally.

1. Can these pins be used as inputs on PicoCOM4?
    2. A few posts above, a DLL file is attached. Will this solve the problem? Where do I have to copy this?
    3. The kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin is rather old, but the latest release comes with XIP-version only. Will there be an update on NKPC4_CORE_CF35? Should I use XIPNKPC4_CORE_CF35 instead (requires larger partition)?
    4. If these pins really can be used as outputs only on PicoCOM4, we could switch to pins 40 (IO 20) and 24 (IO 7). The latter one is related to USB power - could there be any side effects when using this pin as input?

• Quote from "resolut"

After switching from PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4 (kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin) we are unable to use pins 27 and 28 (IO pins 9 and 10) as inputs. According to the manual, these pins can function as outputs only. However, the same is stated to PicoCOM2, where these pins work as inputs normally.

Unfortunatly these pins are outputs only on PicoCOM4. This is cause by the alternative SPI-functionality where the internal power supply for theses pins is too weak - sorry for that inconvinience :(.

Quote from "resolut"

The kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin is rather old, but the latest release comes with XIP-version only. Will there be an update on NKPC4_CORE_CF35? Should I use XIPNKPC4_CORE_CF35 instead (requires larger partition)?

We will no longer create regular NK-images, only XIP-images. But you can switch to this kernel variant without any problems. They only differe in the internal organization of the files. Instead to NK-images the kernel must be be extracted and copied to system memory completly. It will be loaded dynamically as required which offers much better boot times and lower overall memory utilization.

Quote from "resolut"

4. If these pins really can be used as outputs only on PicoCOM4, we could switch to pins 40 (IO 20) and 24 (IO 7). The latter one is related to USB power - could there be any side effects when using thi pin as input?

IO20 will be no problem at all. When switching to IO7 (USB-PWR) you will need to disable USB host interface driver.

• Hello,

I am the OEM user of the board with the migration problem resolut posted above.

Regarding Pin 24 (IO7 - USB PWR): I configured this Pin as GPIO Input, and with a 100kOhms resistor it could be set High and Low. Suppose it was really an Input. By now I had no possibility to read out that Pin. Anyway, the USB Host interface was still working correctly. Keyboard, mouse and Memory-Stick are recognized and handled as usual. May be, the opportunity to switch the USB Power is not related directly to the USB driver, as this feature is not ultimately required.

Regarding XIP-Kernel: By now we should manually resize the standard partition to accommodate the latest kernel. The EBoot Roadmap promises an increased standard size in future Version 1.7. When this will be available?

• Quote from "Roland183"

Regarding Pin 24 (IO7 - USB PWR): I configured this Pin as GPIO Input, and with a 100kOhms resistor it could be set High and Low. Suppose it was really an Input. By now I had no possibility to read out that Pin. Anyway, the USB Host interface was still working correctly. Keyboard, mouse and Memory-Stick are recognized and handled as usual. May be, the opportunity to switch the USB Power is not related directly to the USB driver, as this feature is not ultimately required.

DIO driver instead is be loaded very lately and therefor will overwrite the pin configuration. I am suposing that you are are not using this pin to enable/disable USB power. Therefore it should be possible to use this pin without problems.
    BTW: A DIO-read should always return the current pins state, indepent if the pin is configured by the DIO driver.

Quote from "Roland183"

Regarding XIP-Kernel: By now we should manually resize the standard partition to accommodate the latest kernel. The EBoot Roadmap promises an increased standard size in future Version 1.7. When this will be available?

A new E-Boot release is scheduled within the next two weeks.