NetDCU8 stuck on kernel update through Ethernet

• Hi,

I was trying to update the kernel image of a NetDCU8 board that I had. I am using ESHELL to download it through Ethernet (after booting by using DCUTermi and configuring the board).

The update process seems to finish OK and the new kernel starts. The problem is that, when I reboot the card, it enters again the Ethernet download mode and I am not even able to enter monitor mode or disable kernel loading.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    José Vicente.

• Hi Jose,
    which settings adjusted in the bootloader?
    Step into the bootloader and type "i" for retrieve this information.
    Maybe "Launch kernel after reboot" is not set to "yes", ...?
    Hope this helps.

• Hello,

The problem is that the board is ignoring commands from serial line. I am pressing "S" at boot time without success

1. did you reboot while press and hold <shift+s>?
    2. if yes, enter "serial debug on" into ndcucfg and repeat 1.
    3. did you saw any serial debug output?
    4. Line settings/cable are right? Can you try it on an other serial line/PC?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

Yes, I am booting and pressing Shift + S but the board is ignoring the command. The serial output is shown anyway. All line settings are right since I have tested them with a different board and I am used to work with this stuff.

Thanks and regards,
    José Vicente.

• Ok,
    whats about the System SW versions (eboot, nboot, kernel)? They are different in the "working" and "not working" case?
    Maybe there is really a disconnection in the tx line on board side?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• The boards had the same version before trying to update the kernel. I was trying to update it to the "NK82_CF2_120117" version through Ethernet. Every time I try the update, it finishes OK but after booting the board, it enters again the process of waiting for ethernet image upload (thus ignoring shift+S, etc.)

Thanks and regards,
    José Vicente.

• Just to give more information, this is the log that I capture with DCUTermi:

Regards,