"uafxcwd.lib(oleunk.obj) : error LNK2019" (PicoCOM4 SDK)

• A really annoying trouble comes up again. http://www.forum.fs-net.de/vie…3008&hilit=64bit&start=15
    Your assistance is required.

Situation:
    Installation A: Windows7-32bit, VisualStudio2008 SP1, picocom4_sdk_v101.msi installed
    Debug and Release builds of a PicoCOM4 project complete without errors.

Installation B: Windows7-64bit, VisualStudio2008 SP1, picocom4_sdk_v101.msi installed
    (Before that, PicoCOM2 had been installed and in use for a while, then uninstalled. As we now only use PicoCOM4 and no PicoCOM2 modules anymore I wanted to clean up my projects.)
    The PicoCOM4 project was copied from Installation A to Installation B.
    The Release build completes without errors. The Debug build fails with

Code
    1. 1>uafxcwd.lib(oleunk.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""bool __cdecl ATL::_IsTracingEnabled(unsigned long,unsigned long,unsigned int)" (?_IsTracingEnabled@ATL@@YA_NKKI@Z)" in Funktion ""public: static bool __cdecl ATL::CTrace::IsTracingEnabled(unsigned long,unsigned int)" (?IsTracingEnabled@CTrace@ATL@@SA_NKI@Z)".
    2. 1>PicoCOM4 (ARMV4I)\Debug/LowVolumeSpectrometer.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise.

Linking uafxcwd.lib or uuid.lib does not help (and was not required with Installation A.)
    How do I overcome this?
    I observe the same behaviour with other PicoCOM4 projects: Debug build fails, Release build completes while no differences between the project file settings can be found. All these projects were created starting with a new PicoCOM4 project and adding the files from a PicoCOM2 project.

(By the way: see http://forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1110). PLEASE add the requirement to do a custom install as a readme.txt at the download site of the SDKs. Even better would be to solve the problem.)

• Please use the core SDK V100.
    Did you add additional include - and/or library pathes on installtion A to your VS? Behavior of SDK does not depend on XP/W7 or 32/64bit!

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Please use the core SDK V100.

Do you really recommend to set-up my projects a third time (once for PicoCOM2, once for PicoCOM4, now for PicoCOM4 Core)? Or should there really exist a reliable way to change the platform binding of a project? (I would be surprised but happy.) Please let me know.

Very surprising: Now, with PicoCOM4 Core SDK, a debug build completes using PicoCOM4 Core.
    Which lets me ask:

What are the differences between PicoCOM4 SDK and PicoCOM4 Core SDK
    (seemingly responsible for those misleading error messages)?
    Please let me know.

• Hello,

Do you really recommend to set-up my projects a third time (once for PicoCOM2, once for PicoCOM4, now for PicoCOM4 Core)? Or should there really exist a reliable way to change the platform binding of a project? (I would be surprised but happy.) Please let me know.

Ta add a platform to an existing project there is no better way available as:
    1. Create an new project with the same name containing all your desired plattforms
    2. Copy the files copy files from old- to new project (proj file should import all "old" settings)

Code
    1. What are the differences between PicoCOM4 SDK and PicoCOM4 Core SDK
    2. (seemingly responsible for those misleading error messages)?
    3. Please let me know

PicoCOM4 SDK provides stuff for "WCE6 PRO License" features. Apparently some dependency are not availabel.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.