Are there open source graphic drivers? Working OpenGL?

• Hello support,

we are looking for a board to develop a product with graphics output. I saw that the core driver for this ARM chip seems to be closed source (by samsung?) and that it is not fully funtional and can not be used with X11 xv or with OpenGL for X11.

A fast graphics system with chance to correct errors in source would be essential for us, so I would like to ask if there are drivers for the armStoneA8 board as source code?

Thank you very much,
    Michael

• The 3D unit in the Samsung S5PV210 platform is a third party device, namely a PowerVR core from Imagination. This means that Samsung is buying the driver stuff themselves from Imagination and they are only distributing OpenGL binary libraries. They don't seem to have the rights to distribute the source code for the driver. So as far as I know there are no source drivers available for these Samsung CPUs. Not from us, not from any other board vendor, not from Samsung directly. In fact at the moment we unfortunately don't have any OpenGL libraries for the S5PV210 platform for Linux at all, only for WinCE.

If you want to use an F&S board with OpenGL under Linux, I would recommend the armStoneA9 that will be available soon. This board uses a Freescale iMX6 CPU where the OpenGL driver is available with less restrictions.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks for the quick response!

Quote from "fs-support_HK"

... at the moment we unfortunately don't have any OpenGL libraries for the S5PV210 platform for Linux at all, only for WinCE.

Yes, really sad, so we cant use it like planned. Searching for another one...

Quote from "fs-support_HK"

...If you want to use an F&S board with OpenGL under Linux, I would recommend the armStoneA9 that will be available soon. This board uses a Freescale iMX6 CPU where the OpenGL driver is available with less restrictions.

When is F&S able to send a Testboard armStoneA9? In june our development pace has to increase.

Greetings,
    Michael