NETDCU USB LOADER 2.3.2 WIN7 PICOCOM4

• dear,

i have a picocom4 development board, i create my own kernel image with platform builder and vs2005 and i have a file NK.bin near ~17 MO

I use dcuterm (command "S" then "du") to be in "eboot" state then i open netdcu usb loader 2.3.2 to load NK.bin (kernel image) file to the picocom4

DCUterm windows:

then i connect usb of the development board, the LED indicator of net dcu becomes green

DCUterm window: text before +

High Speed detected
    High Speed detected

then i choose my kernel file and i click on start....but the loading finished after only 3 seconds without error but when i reset the board the system starts but it's not my kernel loaded it's still the original kernel
    I try with a f&s kernel file with the same result NKPC4_CORE_CF2_111214.bin

Have you any idea?

thanks in advance

• Hello,

The output have to continue after start download with NetDCUUSBLoader.

Please check (in system control->device manager) if NetDCUUSBLoader uses right driver after enter "du" (FS Board.sys not UsbBulk.sys).

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• i have no more message in the output.

i see no F&S or usbbulksys in the device manager as you say or like in the manual but the status indicator on the netdcu usb loader is green??!

i tried to uninstall and install again the software but with the same result in x86 or x64 version, i have win 7 64bits but with the same results.

• Hello,
    please open the device manager on your W7 maschine. When you enter "du" under "USB Controler" a device will be added! This device have to be "FSBoardUSB Driver". If there occur any other name, please saerch for "FSBoardUSB Driver" on your system and install it manually.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Please try to reinstall,

- before enter "du" you should see nothing
    - after enter "du" the "LED" turns green and a device is added. This should be the "FS Board" not the "Phone". Did you try to remove "Phone" using control panel, restart and enter "du" again?

• i reinstall the software 2.32 x64 so:

- i start dcu termi and i maintain "S"
    - i switch on the picocom4 demo board,
    - so i start net dcu usb loader,
    - i do the "du" command, the message "waiting for demo board appears"
    - and i connect the usb: in device manager i see now fsboard usb driver and no more picocom4 in mobile phone, the led in netdcu usb loader is green
    - i select the kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF2_111214.bin that you provide on your site and i click on start but it's the same as before: the progress bar is full in 2 seconds, no error message and no more text or message in dcutermi windows.

Then when i switch on again the board it's still hte os installed before not mine!

• This problem might be related to a bugfix that has been applied in V1.1 of PicoCOM4 EBoot.
    According to your debug output you are still using V0.7 which indeed is very old. Especially the USB driver has been reworked massively in V1.1 so I would recommend updating EBoot.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH

• You can download EBoot via serial line:
    1. "s+power on" to step into NBoot
    2. Enter "d"
    3. Select and transmit the binary file (dcuterm menu->file-> ....)