Update from PicoMOD6 to PicoMOD7

• Hi,
    we have to switch our project from PicoMOD6 to PicoMOD7 and there are some difficulties.

We have a PicoMOD7A with CE6 label and a PicoMOC7 with WEC7 label on it.
    WEC7 Module has following output on DEBUG:
    PicoMOD7A V1.05 - Firmware Init
    Copyright (c) 2012 F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    Build: Apr 8 2013/13:12:37

CE6 Modul has following output on DEBUG:
    PicoMOD7A V1.07 - Firmware Init
    Copyright (c) 2012 F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    Build: Jul 15 2013/14:22:45

In the system info of both module we can see the same: Win CE6 system. ???
    How can we see that one is CE6 and the other is a WEC7 module?

The next issue is the design of buttons and progress bar.
    On PicoMOD6 we use backcolor for buttons, but on PicoMOD7A (CE6 and WEC7) this does not work anymore on.
    We tried following options for registry:
    1) Set COLOR_BTNFACE in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE] to 0
    2) Set BtnOldSkin=1 in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE] -> needs image >= V1.06 (or BETA image, date = 132205 or later).
    Is there any other working solution for buttons backcolor?

With our progress bar it was the same. (we use it to display a signal level)
    On PicoMOD6 it was blue and on the PicoMOD7 it is green now.
    What can we do to get the "old" style?
    Our customer won't be very happy with new colors!

Thank you and regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,

EC7 licence includes CE6 (not vs), so you can install both OS on the PicoMOD7A with EC7 licence.
    In general we deliver the boards with CE6R3. You can see this under the ControlPanel->System or use OS function "GetVersionEx".

Do you need EC7? Do really you use special features?

Button "Problem": this "new" behavior is caused be the SYSGEN variable XPSKIN
    - is this "2) Set BtnOldSkin=1 in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE] -> ..." not usable?
    - i can offer you a custom kernel without XPSKIN.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

you really set:

Code
    1. reg open \SYSTEM\GWE
    2. reg set value BtnOldSkin dword 1
    3. reg save

with V1.07 CE6 Kernel and it does not work?

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Yes, it really does not work.
    We set and save new registry value for BtnOldSkin dword 1, but nothing changes.
    We tried out with Remote Registry Editor and through command line.

Is there something else that could be wrong?

Please send us kernel without XPSKIN, maybe that brings us back our buttons..

• Hello,

- first, i have to check if we have a bug in our latest kernel version (some customers use this feature already and it works)!
    - In gerenal i cannot send you a custom kernel for free. In general you have to order such a kernel ... .

• Hello,

sorry, that was my fault, I have defined buttons as image buttons in the meantime.
    I have changed these back to "normal" system buttons and now registry value for BtnOldSkin dword 1 works.

Is there also a solution for the color of the progress bar?
    Can we also define an old skin style for progress bar at the registry?

Thanks and regards,
    Klaus

• Hello,
    i think we talk about two different problems. We introduce "old skin" because of a bug - owner draw was not possible with SYSGEN_XPSKIN for buttons - but we want remove SYSGEN_XPSKIN in general. Did already you try an "owner draw" progress bar for replace the green color by another one?
    You can also order a custom image. In such an image we will administer your registry, modules, ... and remove SYSGEN_XPSKIN if desired!

• Hello,

does the "owner draw" progress bar resolve your problem? XPSKIN bar is green by default. When you like to avoid a "owner draw" solution the only way i see is to order a custom image without XPSKIN. On the other side XPSKIN is recent and i would not remove it.