Using Qwt for ARM

• I have some trouble when i try to run the qwtPlot inside my Qt IDE
    Anyone know if is there a procedure for install Qwt for ARM ?

The i386 projects work properly and i can see the graph
    When i try to cross compile for ARM i get a lot of errors

Thanks

• In BuildRoot go to Package Selection for the target -> Graphic libraries and applications -> Qt, and then activate qwt there. Then build the rootfs again. Where is the problem?

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• My problem is not on the target but it's in the host
    I have installed Qwt with YUM and the Qt creator recognize it correctly and it work for i386 projects
    But when i try to insert a Qwt widget and compile it for ARM i receive a lot of errors

I've read that the file qwtconfigure.pro must be compiled with the qmake generated from the buildroot but it never works
    So , my question is if there's a procedure for installing Qwt in the host and make it ready for the cross compilation

• How do you call the qmake that is generated by buildroot? Which toolchain is used in this case? Because if you use the toolchain that was installed in /usr/local/arm, then you have to give a --sys-root argument or it won't find the libraries that were built by buildroot and compilation will most probably fail.

Some explanation: If you build a root filesystem with buildroot, one of the first jobs of buildroot is to copy the toolchain and toolchain libraries to a local directory and to install some wrappers for arm-linux-gcc, arm-linux-ld, etc. to add exactly this sys-root option. Then it only uses these wrapper calls to do the compilation, creating step by step a full ecosystem for the ARM target platform consisting of applications and libraries. So it might be a better way to use the modified toolchain from buildroot (in output/host/usr/bin in buildroot dir) instead of the original toolchain in /usr/local/arm. Then the libraries that were built by buildroot (usually target libraries, but also some host libraries) are automatically found and used and then everything should go fine.

So for building your own application, you should remove /usr/local/arm/... from your PATH and add <buildroot>/output/host/usr/bin to it instead.

You can even go one step further and include your own application as an additional package to buildroot. Then it will be built as part of the buildroot build process. But this requires some deeper insight into the build process and package system of BuildRoot.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.