Writable SD-Card

• Hi,

after successfully mounting the sd-card I've realized that it's mounted read-only.

I've tried to mount it rw but that didn't worked.... (Physical write protection is off)

Code
    1. mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard/

The result is the same as when I didn't specify the options:

Code
    1. /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard type vfat (ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

What do I have to do when I'd like to write on the card?? Is there another hidden switch?!? ;)

Thanks

Marc

• /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard type vfat (ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

try

Code
    1. mount -o remount,rw /sdcard
  • Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, apparently Samsung has implemented this write-protect detection bit wrongly in the hardware. The following patch should fix this in software.

The patch is also attached to this posting for download. Then go to the top level directory of the Linux kernel source and apply the patch with the following command

Code
    1. patch -p1 < Invert-SD-Card-write-protect-detection-on-Samsung-CPUs.patch

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.