Which types of SD Cards are supported

• The documentation (NetDCU14_Hardware_eng.pdf) states a standard SD Card can be used.
    There are the standards SD, SDHC and SDXC. Also there are different bus types, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speeds.

We are getting trouble to get 2GB SD Cards. The current one we are using has some problems with the NetDCU14 Board. They are not reliable readable and two of them have gone completely defect.

I have tried a SD Card marked with SDHC Logo, Bustype I and speed Class 10. This SD Card wasen't recognized by the board.

Which type of SD Card can we use with a NetDCU14?

• Hello,

the driver is SDHC capable and SDHC cards should work. We test several cards up to 12GB. Please test another card.

Note: SD Card is Flash memory and the filesystem may be corrupted while writing while power-off! Try to reformat your "broken" cards.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I'm now testing a Kingston 8GB SDHC, Class 10 SD-Card. There is no bus type logo visible. The type is SD10V/8GB. This SD Card works with the NetDCU14 board.

One of the broken SD Cards was regonized but it wasn't possible even to format the SD Card.
    The other one is on customer site and we hope they haven't thrown it away.

• Hello,

One of the broken SD Cards was regonized but it wasn't possible even to format the SD Card

Did you try t acces card via storage manger (control panel->storage mamger)? I assume (and hope) this should work.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.