NetDCU8 seems to be stuck while booting

• Hello,
    please update to the latest SW (bootloaders and kernel). Does the probeme persit with this SW?
    I assume some kind incompatibility between several loaders and several kernels!

• I haven't touch anything on those card regarding firmware or bootloader. We received it from FS Net this way and we simply tried to disable the debug mode.

I hardly think I would receive cards from FS Net that are misconfigured, don't you think ? I'm quite reluctant at performing changes in the firmware and/or bootloader because I don't want the warranty to break because I mishandled the card...

• Hello,

you can't break the warranty or mishandle the card by update the firmware,
    I please you the install the Firmware, you usally use for your application. Note, you should newer change the Firmware without retest your application.

If you dont like to do this:
    - how many cards show this behaviour?
    - how do you order your cards (custom specific)?
    - you may send me this card for invatigation

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi,

I'll give it a go on one card then...

Usually, we don't alter the firmware that is delivered on the cards we receive from you. We simply enable the FTP, copy one of our software on the card and use it this way...

I took 6 cards out of my stock and encountered the problem on 2 of them so far... In the past, we already encountered this trouble but thought the card had a trouble and we put it aside... I'm going to investigate a little bit further !

In order to update, is it correct to download the NetDCU-USB-LoaderSetup_x86_V2.4.1.0 and update with that software ? Where can I find the firmware for my NetDCU8 ? After checking with my teamates, it appears that we don't receive USB cable with our NetDCUs... Is it normal ?

We ordered standard NetDCU8, we don't ask for specific behavior or version... Do you need a private message with an offer we received ?

Thank you for your help !

• Hello,

Usually, we don't alter the firmware that is delivered on the cards we receive from you. We simply enable the FTP, copy one of our software on the card and use it this way...

System SW may change from time to time when you have no agremment with use about this subject. So we deliver according our internal release. Then customer have to test his SW with new System SW or flash the odler one he testes with!
    Nevertheless, you are right, each baord we deliver have to boot without problems.

In order to update, is it correct to download the NetDCU-USB-LoaderSetup_x86_V2.4.1.0 and update with that software ? Where can I find the firmware for my NetDCU8 ? After checking with my teamates, it appears that we don't receive USB cable with our NetDCUs... Is it normal ?

You will find the Firmware when you register here http://www.fs-net.de/cms/index.php?id=downloads&L=1.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.