SD Card Detection

• Hello,

There is a way to detect if the SD Card is working in PicoCom 5? If the card is disconnected, I can't detect it.

In contrast to previous PicoCOMs SD Card is detect by CD detect pin (pin12). But I assume on older baseboards customers did not
    connect this pin to the sd slot. So we provide an SW option for detection similar to previous PicoCOMs:

Reg open \drivers\builtin\sdmmc_ch2
    REM UseCardAvailable ->don’t use irq pin if 1
    Reg set value UseCardAvailable dword 1
    REM CardAvailable=1, card have to be already inserted than you can access. 0 -> Card not accessable
    Reg set value CardAvailable dword 1
    Reg save

Does this resolve your problem?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• NO, it doesn't resolv.
    When I disconnect the SD the system continue to list the SD card as available, but (obviously) when I try to read, write or delete a file it gives me an I/O error.
    Long story short, the SD is not "plug and play" like an usb drive.

• Hello,

- if you did *not* connect PCA5.J1.pin12 to the SD slot CD detect pin (and *not* set UseCardAvailabel=0) the SD is not "plug and play" like an usb drive! Esle it is "plug and play" like an usb drive!

- You can use the SW Option if you did *not* connect PCA5.J1.pin12 to the SD slot CD detect pin - but here you have to set the "CardAvailable" by "hand":(

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

I've checked. We have NOT the pin connected

Than "autodetection" is not possible.
    Set "UseCardAvailable"=DWORD:1 and "CardAvailable"=DWORD:1 if card is alredy inserted or "CardAvailable"=DWORD:0 before remove the card.