UART C enabled in kernel - missing constants

• When I disable UART B RTS/CTS and enable UART C, linux kernel compilation fails because two constants are undeclared (mach-picocoma5.c): MVF600_PTD2_UART2_RTS and MVF600_PTD3_UART2_CTS.

I suppose their values should be:
    #define MVF600_PTD2_UART2_RTS 81
    #define MVF600_PTD3_UART2_CTS 82

• Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, your assumption was right. The attached simple patch fixes this problem.

Your F&S Support Team

• Hello,

I tried to enable the UART C port at PicocomA5 but I fail to communicate successfully with the other side.
    I can see that the port is enabled because in the directory with the devices UARTC is there.
    Before kernel modification: ttymxc1 ttymxc2
    After the modification: ttymxc1 ttymxc2 ttymxc3

The only change I did in the code in order to enable UARTC was to add the following line at the file: mach-picocoma5.c:

#define CONFIG_PICOCOMA5_UART_C

Are there further settings that have to be applied? (like disabling UARTB RTS and CTS pins ?)

If yes, could you please post what are the exact settings?

Thank you for your help,
    Eirini Tzimi

• All the CONFIG-Settings should be done in the kernel configuration with

make menuconfig

There go to "System Type" -> "Freescale MXC Implementations" -> "Support for F&S <board name>". <board name> would be "PicoCOMA5" in this case. There you can modify the settings for all supported options. Then leave the config menu, save the new configuration and compile the kernel anew.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.