Display settings Kyocera TCG057VG

• I compared some signals with a working display connected to a NetDCU8. What stands out is that the output of the DS90CF364 seems to be inverted compared to the NetDCU8 output (see the attached pictures of the Vsync signal).

Do you know if this is software or should I look into the hardware, in this case probably the DS90CF364?

• You may try to rotate the signals in SW. Display drivers "config" stetting can control the polarity of control and data lines, refer documentaion for display driver settings (e.g. http://www.fs-net.de/assets/do…BRID_DeviceDriver_eng.pdf).

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Next question is: How to get the backlight control to work?

Based on the debug output information it seems that the backlight doesn't initialise correctly.

The output LBKLT_CTRL/CFL PWM on the starter kit doesn't output a pulse width modulated signal, it seems to be stuck to logic high (+3.3V).

What can I do to get de PWM output to work?

• Hello,

sorry PWM for LVDS is not implemeted at the time. We are working on it and will implement it asp into future kernel.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Yes, it is the same with the backlight.
    We assume next release will be avail. at KW41/2014.

• It seems the BFW value in you display mode are not correct. Please try to in-/decrement this value.

The backlight control will be available from version 0.90.

• Kernel for 0.90 is not released. I hope you can download new kernel at beginning of next week.

• I recently installed version 0.90 of the kernel, now the PWM backlight dimming is finally working. The 'backlight on/off' function is still not working.

After executing the 'display power off' through the NetDCU Config Utility the module seems to freeze and the Telnet session is terminated. The debug information is as follows:

Code
    1. Warning: you are requesting IOCTL_HAL_GET_DEVICE_INFO::SPI_GETPLATFORMTYPE, which has been deprecated. Use IOCTL_HAL_GET_DEVICE_INFO::SPI_GETPLATFORMNAME instead.
    2. NDCUCFG V 55 started. Platform: QBlissA9
    3. LCD: PowerHandler=OFF
    4. LCD_EnablePWM: FALSE
    5. MPSetPowerLow- Power State Changed; Disabling HW MPSetPowerLow- HW Disabled

De commands 'display power on', 'backlight on', and 'backlight off' all return 'OK' but nothing happens. Is there an explanation for this behaviour?

• The commands "backlight off" and "backlight on" are not implemented in the current version.
    Please take a look at the roadmap for our iMX6 kernel.
    We have also checked command "display power on" and "display power off". Both commands are not working correctly.
    Please take a look at the roadmap for our iMX6 kernel too.

Our apologies about this problems.