Unable to connect to the Internet

• Hello,

i am using an armStoneA5 device with WEC7. I am trying to download, programmatically, some data from the Internet.

Every different function i have tried (sockets, URLDownloadFileTo) and, generally, accessing the web through the guid (Ping google ->error 11010, IE -> Cannot find server or DNS Error) fail, so it is pretty clear i do not have Internet access.

When i updated all my system (NBOOT,EBOOT, WinCE Image), could i have entered a wrong win ce mac address (000551+code in the board) and this is causing the problem? Sadly i don't remember if i had Internet before the updates because i was only dealing with LAN connectivity.

Apart from that, LAN functionality is fine. A valid IP address is assigned, i can ping other computers, receive/send broadcast etc. regardless the network type, wireless or wired.

Surprisingly enough, when i install Win CE 6.0, Internet is fine! Any hint on this?

Thanks

• Hello,

strange, dafault settings are exactly the same for EC7 and CE6! Can you please check your DNS settings?
    Refer HKLM\Comm\ETHNET<A,B>1\Parms\tcpip.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Hello,

Mobile Device Center was causing the problem. There is an option "Allow data connections when...", in the Connection settings.
    When enabled (every time you connect/restart!), IE can access the web.

Ping function, still, doesn't work, but i haven't try to ping programmatically while debugging through Ethernet, so i ll try this.

EDIT:Yes, ping works when debugging through Ethernet.

Thanks