I2C with prefix name I2C1 doesn't work in CE7 and CE8

• I2C with prefix name I2C1 doesn't exist in CE8 XIPiMX6Q_C8GE_141017
    When I try to open the prefix I2C1 I have one exception, because the device with name "I2C1" not exist
    With CE7 I have the same problem, when I check to find the device with FS_I2CSCAN, show me only the devices I2C2 I2C3 I2C8 I2C8 (kernel XIPIMX6_C7E_141125)

Thanks

• Yes, you are right the registry settings are missing. On the next Kernel release we will fix this.

But now you are able to set following:

With this I2C1 should work.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks
    I have try to update Boot but the device show this message:
    00:05:51:00:51:08

Please select action
    'd' -> Serial download of bootloader
    'u' -> USB download Eboot/UBoot
    'E' -> Erase flash
    'B' -> Show bad blocks
    Use NetDCUUsbLoader for USB download

E..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Erase Blocks count 1022Done

Please select action
    'd' -> Serial download of bootloader
    'u' -> USB download Eboot/UBoot
    'E' -> Erase flash
    'B' -> Show bad blocks
    Use NetDCUUsbLoader for USB download
    D
    Download NBoot:

PANIC: The NBOOT image you downloaded is for iMX6Solo/DualLite

but your board support only iMX6Quard Nboot image<LF>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the ArmStoneA9 doesn't work

It possible to fix the problem ?

• If you cannot step into NBoot anymore you have to send the board as RMA (via distributor).

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I have try to update the device at the version XIPiMX6_C8GE_V120_BETA_150217

I look the registry I2C1 with the prefix "I2C1" exist

[IMG:http://www.microitelectronics.com/Download/i2C1.jpg]

but when i try to debug my application, the compiler show me one errore
    because the "prefix name I2C1 doesn't exist

[IMG:http://www.microitelectronics.com/Download/i2C3.jpg]

For my application I use the Native I2C.dll buy time ago from F&S for Picocom3 and PicocomA5 in C#

Thanks

• Hello,

thanks for this detailed Information.

Please refer the "Device Driver Document". The IO pins have somtimes multiple use. "HLKM\...\I2C1\Flags=DWORD:4" force the device manager to not start a corresponding driver. Please delete this value and regsiter the value for "HLKM\...\SPI\Flags=DWORD:4". Then I2C1 is started and SPI is not started (refer serial debug output while booting).

Hope this resolves the problem, else please return again.